Network and Security Administrator
Falls Church, Virginia
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented, cleared s to support a small federal agency. The program provides various support services including Security Operations, Help Desk, FISMA Readiness, and Network Security Administration. To support this mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Security Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To support the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in network and systems administration and systems. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of complexities related to Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of critical network and security infrastructure. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with Cisco network, Windows/Linux Security Administration as well as Nutanix VDI.
Note: The program is remote currently but post-pandemic there is an expectation for onsite work.
The Network and Security Administrator will assist to support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, test, implementation, maintenance, integration, and documentation of network and security infrastructure.
will be installing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network security solutions and related monitoring tools including L2/L3 network security devices, IDS/IPS, Endpoint (AV, DLP, Endpoint Detection & Response), and other agency infrastructure (Nutanix VDI). The individual will be responsible for supporting LAN/WAN security solutions including creating and maintaining LAN/WAN security standards and design documentation and develop and assist with new LAN/WAN security applications and hardware as assigned.Strong writen and oral communication with the ability to communicate with team members, management and customer.
- ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED. In addition to the specific clearance requirement, the individual must be eligible to obtain an SCI.
- Degree in information technology or related field from a college or university that is accredited by a national or regional accrediting agency
recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
2+ years of prior relevant network or systems administration experience.
Advanced working knowledge of the following:
- O&M and troubleshooting of network and security architecture.
- Systems, network and data communication protocols. familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field such as NIST, FISMA and Common Criteria regulations and standards.
- Network Security Architecture Development
- Experience in enterprise system and subsystem planning, integration and security architecture design and deployment projects.
- Ability to write and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Hands-on Citrix experience, Cisco Call Manager experience, Nutanix experience, Windows OS and Hyper-V experience, Linux OS experience.
- CCNA or CCNP certification.
- Network+ and/or Security+.
- Network security certification(s).
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.