Remote Security Analyst II
Remote - New York, New York, United States
Exciting Remote Security Analyst II contract opportunity.
- Responsible for working in a 24x7 Security Operation Center (SOC) environment
- 2 plus years experience in the security domain
- Triage on Crowdstrike, but also some Palo Altos & Mimecast
- Perform security monitoring and incident response of cyber security events for proper determination of being considered a cybersecurity event.
- Optimize and tune security monitoring and detection rules and thresholds to improve fidelity of alerts
- Produce security concern writeups and recommendations for clients on mitigating cybersecurity events.
- Interpreting and acting on results from various security technologies including SIEM, IDS/IPS, Endpoint Solutions, DLP, etc.
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall Solutions, Offensive Security tools)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- Must be able to be adaptable, focused, accountable, and helpful
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
Job tags: Firewall IDS IPS Offensive Security SIEM TCP/IP
Job region(s): North America Remote/Anywhere
Job stats: 87 14 0