Lead Security Engineer
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
As our next Lead Security Engineer, you will be assisting and mentoring team members, as well as delivering hands-on technical solutions using a variety of security toolsets and platforms to meet the requirements of the business and its customers.
Your key focus will be on the development and continuous improvement of Content + Cloud customers’ environments.
This is a hands-on role and requires a strong level of technical knowledge, skills, and abilities. The focus is on both Cyber Security, acting as a technical escalation point and mentor to colleagues and providing guidance and contributing to security baseline improvements to assist driving the security posture of our customer environments.
- Work within a multi-disciplined Security team delivering a range of proactive and reactive security tasks
- Technical escalation point for investigation and remediation of security events and incidents applying sound problem solving methods.
- Technical mentor for containment and remediation of potential and actual malicious incidents across the customer base where required
- Perform key security reviews and tasks to enhance the C+C access to customer environments
- Work with our Vulnerability Specialists, along with internal and external stakeholders to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance.
- Act as the main catalyst between the other technical towers to drive resolution of incidents and co-ordinating other actions.
- Be an integral part of our Security TDA to drive improvements and enhancements to recommended security baselines for a number of vendor security platforms, including Microsoft Defender and Mimecast.
- Technical ownership for one or more security platforms, for example Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Mimecast, Microsoft Defender for O365.
- The individual will be responsible for the Technical Ownership of one or more services delivered, for example Managed Detect and Respond service.
- Drive customer satisfaction and continuously seek to improve operational performance
- Maintain a continuous understanding of the threat landscape with in-depth knowledge around threat actors, TTPs and vulnerabilities
- Excellent soft skills in the form of team working, problem solving and written and verbal communication.
- A keen self-starter who can evidence excellent customer service, collaborate effectively and work independently without supervision.
- Knowledge of new security exploits in the news, ie major security breaches or attacks against organisations
- Excellent knowledge and experience of security, network and infrastructure technologies
- Excellent knowledge and SME of core messaging security platforms, including Mimecast and Microsoft Defender for O365
- Experience working with security toolsets and one or more vulnerability scanning toolsets
- Strong knowledge and experience in numerous Microsoft server operating systems
- Strong experience in secured cloud architectures (Azure, AWS)
- Experience of the Microsoft Defender suite of security platforms
- Attainment of one or more Microsoft accreditations, eg AZ-900, MS-900, MS-500
click here for the list of benefits.
This is a remote-first hybrid role. See here for details about our C+C hybrid workstyle. #LI-Hybrid
Hit the apply button to easily share your details with us and we promise to respond quickly.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: AWS Azure C Cloud Compliance Exploits TTPs Vulnerabilities
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs