Cyber Program Manager
XOR Security is currently seeking a highly technical, hands-on Cyber Program Manager with advanced skillsets in cybersecurity, to develop and operate cybersecurity capabilities for a variety of federal customers. Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills, be able to work independently and as part of a team, with demonstrated strong leadership capabilities. Skills and experience in Operations Management, Security Event Analysis, Incident Response, Cyber Hunt, Forensics, Malware Analysis, and Cyber Threat Intelligence (skills in more than one cyber discipline are preferred) are required for this position. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience supporting a 24x7x365 SOC environment as an analyst or engineer, experience as a technical team lead within the SOC, and operations management experience. A solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management. Deep cloud experience is strongly preferred (Azure, MS 365 Defender, Defender for Cloud), along with exposure to capabilities such as ExtraHop, CrowdStrike, Palo Alto, and CISCO product line.
Corporate duties such as solution/proposal development, corporate culture development, mentoring employees, supporting recruiting efforts, will also be required. The program is currently operating remotely but will be performed onsite in Washington DC when directed to do so by the customer.
Position is contingent on successfully completing a program-based background investigation.
Job duties include:
- Manage a SOC Program to provide cyber defense capabilities to a federal entity; provide comprehensive Computer Network Defense support through security event monitoring, advanced analytics and response, vulnerability assessment, and cyber intelligence activities in support of the SOC operational mission.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of all SOC and security stack engineering activities through reviewing of metrics and case analysis
- Serve as a technical Cyber SME, onsite task lead, and primary point of contact for customer.
- Maintain a 24x7 shift schedule and minimum-manning requirements.
- Lead efforts Planning, organization, scheduling and progress reporting of various projects.
- Construct and optimize operational workflows for various functional teams across multiple shifts.
- Develop, collect, analyze security operational metrics to optimize SOC performance and minimize organizational risk.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and design new security technologies and supporting infrastructure.
- Develop technical cyber security solutions in response to customer requests or in support of proposal solution development.
- Provide technical writing support in support of corporate response to RFPs/RFQs from various customers.
- Support new XOR engagements as transitional program or operations lead.
- Support documentation of all business and workflow processes in this area.
- Provides technical consultation in cyber security capability development.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant cyber security and related technologies as assigned.
- Serves as liaison with various customers (internal and external).
- Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in mentoring and training junior, mid-level, and senior analysts.
- At least 7 years of experience in a cyber network defense environment performing analysis and security engineering functions and 2 years of experience as a team lead or operations management.
- Demonstrated capabilities to analyze highly complex cybersecurity issues, recommend plans of action for Contractor and Government staff, and manage Contractor teams supporting resolution of these issues.
- Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, triage, investigation, and incident response efforts
- Previous hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting (preferably within Sentinel).
- Prior experience and ability to with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as a legitimate security incident as opposed to non-incidents. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response.
- Existing Subject Matter Expertise of Advanced Persistent Threat or Emerging Threats.
- Strong proficiency in report writing and briefing senior management.
- Excellent organizational and attention to details in tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows.
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- Experience with the identification and implementation of countermeasures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment.
- Ability to work on-call during critical incidents or to support coverage requirements (including weekends and holidays when required).
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience.
- Active PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Any Active certifications such as CISSP, CISM, MS Azure Security Technologies, MS Security Operations Analyst, CCNA.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including paid health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation - Applicants must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Tags: Active Directory Analytics Azure CISM CISSP Clearance Cloud Computer Science CrowdStrike Cyber defense DNS Forensics Incident response Intrusion detection Linux Malware Monitoring SIEM SMTP SOC SQL Threat detection Threat intelligence Windows
More jobs like this
Toronto, Ontario, Canada Toronto, Ontario, Canada Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 132K - 190K * USD 132K+ *
Sr. Manager/Director Security Engineering and OperationsBlockchain C Cloud Compliance Crypto ISO 27001 NIST +4
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +11
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs