Cyber Security Analyst - Intern
ZeotapDiscover the next-generation Customer Data Platform, built for a privacy-first future
Zeotap is the next-generation Customer Data Platform. It empowers brands to unify, enhance and activate customer data in a cookieless future, all while putting consumer privacy and compliance front and centre. Recognised by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Zeotap works with over 80 of the world’s top 100 brands, including Audi, Unilever and Virgin Media. It is also the founding member of ID+, a universal marketing ID initiative.
- You play a key role in the design and development of applications including application security assessment, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing and source code review.
- You track the centralised log monitoring (SIEM) solution and monitor security feeds streaming from various sources, investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits, indicators of compromise and other possible alerts generated by the SIEM tool.
- You analyse a variety of network and host-based security appliance logs (Firewalls, NIDS, HIDS, Sys Logs, etc.) to determine the correct remediation actions and escalation paths for each incident, event analysis and must possess knowledge of operating systems, TCP/IP networking, network attacks, attack signatures, defence countermeasures, vulnerability management, and log analysis
- You review and maintain network security on Zeotap and client VPCs, and suggest new security detection & protection solutions and tools to the Head of InfoSec.
- You explore and operationalise new security tools and technology at Zeotap
- You conduct proactive threat research and offensive analysis You actively participate in internal InfoSec compliance activities.
- You analyse the vulnerabilities reported by independent security researchers via Zeotap’s vulnerability disclosure program
- You adhere to Zeotap’s company, privacy and information security policies and procedures.
- You complete all the awareness trainings assigned on time
- Good understanding of application security frameworks, vulnerability assessments and penetration testing (OWASP, SANS, PTES etc.)
- Theoretical knowledge about Security Operations Centre (SOC), SIEM monitoring tools- log analysis, packet analysis and packet capture tools, TCP/IP networking, and reverse engineering
- Basic understanding of common databases and web technologies
- Good understanding of cloud security
- Knowledge on security testing tools like burp, nessus, metasploit,
- Solid knowledge of computer networks and common protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, FTP, SSH, SSL/TLS, HTTP, and etc.
- Proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages (Python, Go, C/C++).
- In-depth technical knowledge of Linux Operating Systems.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Application security C C++ Cloud Compliance DNS Exploits Firewalls Linux Log analysis Metasploit Monitoring Nessus Network security OWASP Pentesting Privacy Python Reverse engineering SANS Scripting Security assessment SIEM SOC SSH TCP/IP Threat Research TLS Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management
More jobs like this
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United … Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 35K - 65K * USD 35K+ *
Computer Network Defense Analyst-JuniorComputer Science Firewalls Forensics Intrusion detection Network security Pentesting Polygraph +2
Career development Team events
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs