L2 Cyber Security Analyst
Athens, Attica, Greece
Obrela Security IndustriesWe manage cyber exposure, risks and compliance. We identify, predict and prevent cyber threats in real time.
Contributes to the execution of the 24x7 security event management procedures in SOC, and assists to the development of new use cases and content to improve threat detection and incident response for OBRELA MDR Clients.
Follows the Event Management processes according to MSS practices to provide support to L1 analysts to their 24x7 operations and ensure successful delivery of Blue Team Support services to clients on time and of high quality.
Performs threat hunting by analyzing and researching the techniques, tools and processes used by threat actors to guide threat containment or threat prevention and minimize risk for our clients
Delivers internal tasks of new SIEM content and data reporting to address customer requests, or project plan deliverables in a timely and accurate manner.
Contributes to collection of threat intelligence and authoring of security advisory articles to prevent zero-day attacks or increase OBRELA’s customers awareness on new or outbreaking attacks around the globe.
Contributes to client training to provide successful end users familiarization to OBRELA’s MDR services. Responds to customer requests to process new security monitoring requirements.
Delivers data to the Operational Officers or the DevoOps team to serve the needs of SOC or the needs of other departments in a timely and accurate manner.
Coordinates, coaches and motivates part of the L1 analysts’ team, through the appropriate on the job training, development, feedback about performance to ensure that L1 analysts have the appropriate knowledge, skills and support that will help them perform effectively and contribute to the achievement of the department’s desired short and long-term objectives.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Master Degree in Information Security is desired
- Industry Certifications such as CISSP or GCIA is desired
- 2+ years’ experience in the information security industry including operations
- Experience with operations using a SIEM solution is desired
- Prior hands on experience within a technical IT Security position (e.g. network/IT security engineer, penetration testing, technical advisor etc) is desired
- Sound understanding of TCP/IP, networking protocols, popular Operating Systems and Databases
- Understanding of common attack methods and exploitation techniques, along with the detection and remediation strategies
- Good knowledge of Active Directory / MS Exchange, LDAP Database queries and data mining
- History of working under pressure and/or within various incident situations
- Excellent customer service, verbal and writing skills in both English and Greek Language
- Ability of fast learning, absorbing and applying new, job-related techniques. Keep abreast in IT new ideas and directions.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work within a high-performance team
- Dynamic and respectful environment – our people are the core of our business, we value each and every individual and support initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Continuous coaching – work with passionate people and receive both theoretical as well as hands-on training
- Career development. Expand your career internationally and work alongside knowledgeable people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- A competitive compensation package dependent upon your experience and qualifications. We’re focused on rewarding efforts. Our salaries and benefits package will keep you motivated throughout your career
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs