Information System Security Officers (ISSO)
XOR Security is currently seeking talented, experienced Information System Security Officers (ISSO) for an exciting position supporting one of our premier clients. Our project is aimed at establishing cutting-edge techniques for network defense, identifying threats and detecting malicious activity using advanced toolsets. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with the safeguarding of Federal government or quasi-federal IT environments. In addition, the candidate should be able to Lead and coordinate assessment and authorization, continuous monitoring, and risk management activities to ensure the security posture of client IT systems. The candidate should be able to work independently and in a group environment. The candidate will develop and maintain policies, standards, procedures to ensure compliance while working closely with client system owners, designated information system security officers, and other system stakeholders. Additionally, the candidate should be able to apply their understanding of FISMA, OMB regulations, and NIST standards and informs client leadership of cybersecurity best practices. The candidate should be able to lead cross-functional cybersecurity projects to successful completion using project management approaches; as well as provide leadership and guidance in the creation, management, and closure of Plan of Action and Milestones to assure remediation of control implementation findings and mitigation of risks. The candidate will need to work collaboratively with internal client stakeholders by facilitating the assessment of systems and developing reports for client leadership. The candidate will need to be able to lead a team of security analysts in conducting security impact assessments for client change requests and informs the Change Control Board of identified risks. Also, the candidate will manage the client’s A&A document repository and assure IT system security documents are current and compliant. The ideal candidate will have experience with Continuous Monitoring, Continuous Authorization, and FedRAMP assessments and will keep up-to-date on emerging trends in the cyber security field.
- 6+ years of experience in cyber security, preferably in Cyber Security or information technology – 3 of which should be directly related to providing Information Assurance Support.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering) – exceptions additional .
- Experience IA team leadership skills with past performance in improving an organization’s risk posture through the identification, prioritization, and remediation guidance of vulnerabilities.
- Experience in vulnerability and risk reporting at an enterprise level.
- Update-to-date knowledge in the field of risk and vulnerability management tools and techniques.
- Ability to develop follow-up action plans to resolve reportable issues and communicate with the other technologists to address security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Ability to stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures and provide a detailed analysis of enterprise risks, compensating controls, and risk mitigation plans.
- Experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment.
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- Hands on experience with STIG Viewer, SCAP Compliance Checker, Vulnerator, and various vulnerability management tools.
- An industry certification such as CASP, CAP, CISSP, CISM, GSEC, GMON, Security+.
Job Duties Include:
- Maintain the security and risk management posture for one or more program systems.
- Assess the information system based on enterprise policies and provide recommended corrective actions to reduce risk associated with the system deficiencies and deviations from industry standards.
- Collaborate with system personnel on identified deficiencies, complete the Security Assessment Report (SAR), and provide security authorization recommendations to the Certifying Official or AO.
- Ensure FISMA systems are assessed and accredited to receive an Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Monitor and execute the operations and maintenance of an information system and dispose of system and data according to the approved security authorization process
- Serve as a member of the Architecture Review Board (ARB) and ensure system security requirements are addressed during the system lifecycle.
- Establish audit trails, ensure their regular review, and make audit logs available upon request.
- Develop and maintain the system security plan (SSP), security assessment plan/report (SAP/SAR), POA&Ms, security control assessment, and authorization memorandums in CSAM.
- Conduct various security controls assessments (automated and manual) at different frequencies specific to a system and based on an established core control assessment schedule and provide results to include control gaps or weaknesses, risk level, cost- benefit analysis, and impact.
- Support the development of the systems’ Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA), interconnection security agreements, incident response plan, contingency plan, risk assessments, configuration management plan, security impact assessments, standard operating procedures, and guides as necessary.
- Review and analyze all system artifacts for accuracy and completeness in support of authorization to operate (ATO) requests.
- Create or review ATO packages prior to submission to the Authorizing Official.
- Ensure all assessment and audt reports are uploaded properly in CSAM.
- Conduct reviews of closed POA&Ms for completeness and compliance.
- Develop and support the OA process that includes continuous monitoring activities using CFTC’s GRC tools.
- Draft document, review and provide feedback on application of security requirements.
- Contribute to configuration management process development.
- Execute activities within the information system contingency planning process; provide technical advice and guidance in business continuity/COOP program development, conduct vulnerability and risk analysis, provide support to ensure business processing, recovery criticality and resources requirements are identified and aligned with information system resources and recovery priorities to support the continued operation of the mission
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a required security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IAM Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs