Vulnerable Customer Advisor
Monzo’s mission is to make money work for everyone and it’s important that we understand and consider the needs of all our customers, especially those in different or difficult circumstances.
As we grow, we are seeing increasing queries from customers about how their circumstances are impacting their finances. These queries are often sensitive in nature, requiring our customer service team to have a deep level of knowledge on our products, potential vulnerabilities and regulatory expectations.
What will the job look like?
The vulnerable customers role is for anyone with a keen interest in helping people in tough situations, a mastery of providing strong customer service, personal resilience and boundaries.
You'll be taking escalations from fellow Customer Service Advisors, chatting to customers through our in app chat and you'll need to be able to call customers.
Here's some of the situations you may deal with, among other things:
- Helping people with addictions make account adjustments to aid their recovery
- Helping people with various difficulties be fully understood by Monzo so we can help them to the best of our ability now and in the future
- Talk to people who are struggling to afford basic necessities, and find them the right help and support
- Talk to people who mention suicide, and figure out the best way to help them
- Advise your fellow Customer Service Advisors on tone of voice, phrasing, and actions for vulnerable people
- Understanding a customer’s financial accessibility needs and making adjustments to support their journey with Monzo
- To be skilled and confident in making and receiving calls
- A strong sense of empathy
- A strong sense of personal boundaries
- A good self-care regime
- The ability to prioritise difficult conversations effectively
This role will be fully remote in the UK. With opportunities to visit the Cardiff office.
To make sure we’re around to help our customers 24/7, we ask our new Customer Operations (COps) team members to commit to a rotating working pattern called ‘open availability.’ That means you’ll be contracted to a fixed amount of days and hours per week, but the times and days of your shifts will vary weekly depending on customer demand.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
What is Monzo about?
We’re a bank on a mission to make money work for everyone. By focusing on solving real problems rather than selling financial products, treating people fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better.
Monzo started in 2015 with big plans and a little office in Shoreditch, London. Now we’re a fully-licensed bank with millions of customers in the UK, and well over a thousand employees around the world.
Questions about this role or application process? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers) or email us if we need to make any adjustments to the application process because of disability or neurodiversity.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us at Monzo – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent in the world, and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
Other jobs like this
Engineering Manager - Application SecurityApplication security Audits Automation Incident response Monitoring Penetration testing R&D Risk assessment Security assessments SIEM +3
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +5
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Account Executive, Cyber Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs