Vulnerable Customer Advisor
Monzo’s mission is to make money work for everyone and it’s important that we understand and consider the needs of all our customers, especially those in different or difficult circumstances.
As we grow, we are seeing increasing queries from customers about how their circumstances are impacting their finances. These queries are often sensitive in nature, requiring our customer service team to have a deep level of knowledge on our products, potential vulnerabilities and regulatory expectations.
What will the job look like?
The vulnerable customers role is for anyone with a keen interest in helping people in tough situations, a mastery of providing strong customer service, personal resilience and boundaries.
You'll be taking escalations from fellow Customer Service Advisors, chatting to customers through our in app chat and you'll need to be able to call customers.
Here's some of the situations you may deal with, among other things:
- Helping people with addictions make account adjustments to aid their recovery
- Helping people with various difficulties be fully understood by Monzo so we can help them to the best of our ability now and in the future
- Talk to people who are struggling to afford basic necessities, and find them the right help and support
- Talk to people who mention suicide, and figure out the best way to help them
- Advise your fellow Customer Service Advisors on tone of voice, phrasing, and actions for vulnerable people
- Understanding a customer’s financial accessibility needs and making adjustments to support their journey with Monzo
- To be skilled and confident in making and receiving calls
- A strong sense of empathy
- A strong sense of personal boundaries
- A good self-care regime
- The ability to prioritise difficult conversations effectively
This role will be fully remote in the UK. With opportunities to visit the Cardiff office.
To make sure we’re around to help our customers 24/7, we ask our new Customer Operations (COps) team members to commit to a rotating working pattern called ‘open availability.’ That means you’ll be contracted to a fixed amount of days and hours per week, but the times and days of your shifts will vary weekly depending on customer demand.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
What is Monzo about?
We’re a bank on a mission to make money work for everyone. By focusing on solving real problems rather than selling financial products, treating people fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better.
Monzo started in 2015 with big plans and a little office in Shoreditch, London. Now we’re a fully-licensed bank with millions of customers in the UK, and well over a thousand employees around the world.
Questions about this role or application process? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers) or email us if we need to make any adjustments to the application process because of disability or neurodiversity.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us at Monzo – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent in the world, and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IAM Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs