Cyber Vulnerability Research Analyst
Arlington, Virginia, United States
At phia, our goal is to hire talented and passionate team members who desire to grow their skillsets, as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients, and stakeholders. Do you have the ability to turn data into understandable products for various stakeholders? Do you thrive on finding patterns when no one else can? Do you find yourself daydreaming about the MITRE ATT&CK Framework? A newly awarded contract has created an opportunity for a Cyber Vulnerability Research Analyst. This is an excellent career opportunity to grow your career in the cybersecurity field!
What You'll Do
- Support a team that thrives on cross-agency coordination to gather the relevant data needed for analysis
- Support the team in responding to short-notice analytic requests for information on cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, and consequences.
- Produce and disseminate timely and actionable alerts, bulletins, guidance, and best practices related to specific imminent threats, vulnerabilities, and trends.
- Establish efficient processes to access data for urgent requests.
- Perform digital footprinting using technical/penetration testing tools and red team methodologies based on Federal Acquisition Security Council (FASC) requests.
- Respond to requests for information from interagency partners, e.g., FBI.
Education + Experience
- High school diploma is required.
- You have an analytic mindset with the ability to accurately assess data and find trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present findings to leadership
- An understanding of how cybersecurity plays a role in information technology, e.g., attack surface, vulnerability coupling, etc.
- The ability to provide guidance around the MITRE ATT&CK framework to support assessment analysis.
- 2+ years of related experience in the cybersecurity field is desired.
- Penetration testing knowledge and experience is a plus.
Security Clearance Requirement
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust government clearance. Candidates must also obtain DHS EOD Suitability prior to starting employment.
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service-oriented and mission-focused.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia-based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with a focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
- Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer jobs
- Open Privacy Manager jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs