Sr. Security Developer
Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada or Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a talented Security Developer to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, the leader in security operations, is a fast-growing company in an exciting and fast-growing industry—Cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf ranks #25 on the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in 2019! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are considered among the 2020 Best Places to Work by bizjournals.com.
At Arctic Wolf, we believe in corporate responsibility. Our offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities, and we earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role is a python developer in one of our Threat Operations teams. This role works with team members, Product Management, Security Services and various other specialists to continuously improve the coverage and efficiency of our Managed Detection & Response solution. We are hiring for team members at junior, intermediate and senior levels.
5+ years experience in the development of security products/systems with a focus on 2 or more of the following key areas:
- SIEM detections
- NDR/IPS/IDS detections/signatures
- EDR detections/signatures
- Sigma and Yara rules
- Development of anomaly and behavioural based detections
- Tuning and optimization of detections for all the above
5+ years experience with the at least two of the following Development Languages & Methodologies:
- Python, Go, Java, and C/C++
- Test Driven Development
- Full understanding and use of DevOps methods/tooling
- Full understanding/application of secure development practices
- Cloud Development: AWS, Azure, and GCP using Kubernetes/Containers, IaaS, and key PaaS services
- Agile (SCRUM/Kanban)
5+ years experience with the following security tooling:
- NGFW (PAN, CISCO, Fortinet, etc.)
- Open Source IPS/IDS/NSM (e.g. Bro/Zeek/Suricata)
- SIEMs and Security Analytics platforms (e.g. Elastic, Open Source Big Data Stacks, Splunk, etc.)
- Work with team members to continuously improve coverage, efficiency and deliver customer-facing and internal services
- Participate in the full software development life cycle
- Build well-designed, testable, efficient, secure code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
Each successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and an employment verification as a condition of employment.
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs