IT Security, Junior Analyst
Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
The Davy Group is Ireland’s leading provider of wealth management, asset management, capital markets and financial advisory services. You can read more about our growing company here: www.davy.ie
We value our employees as much as our clients and are committed to embracing diversity in all its forms recognising that the breadth of though, perspective and experience that emerges from a diverse workforce is essential to deliver on our core values.
Performance related bonus awards, generous pension contributions and investment in your further education demonstrate the value we place in developing and rewarding our staff.
Davy. Making a difference that matters
Due to increasing demands on IT Security resources owning to the implementation of a number of security projects, increased regulatory requirements & the general rise in Cyber-security threats. Davy are looking to hire an IT Security Specialist. Reporting to the IT Security Manager, you will measure, report, monitor and improve the effectiveness of existing security controls and provide advice and recommendations to IT staff as to the implementation of new security controls.
You will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of security projects, identifying and implementing enhancements to existing controls were necessary. This position is a mixture of project and ‘Business as Usual’ work. There is minimal ‘hands-on’ operational responsibilities, but candidates will need to be comfortable with technology, and capable of independent research and analysis of security threats to new or emerging technologies.
- Assist the IT Security Manager (ITSM) in responding to security incidents.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of key security & IT controls.
- Respond to and advise end users on reported phishing mails and security events
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly security checks.
- Raise tickets to the service disk to address actions from security events such as blocking mail addresses.
- Maintain a log of reported security events and categorise using documented guidelines
- Monitor and action routine events and incidents reported to the security team.
- Generate monthly security reports
- Assist in the performance of regular phishing tests
- Monitor compliance to security policies, identifying, documenting, and remediating deviations.
- Review & investigate the output of security tools, including Vulnerability Assessment, SIEM & automated scripts, for security vulnerabilities and significant changes to the security status of the organisation.
- Work with service delivery team to implement identified improvements or remediate vulnerabilities.
- Provide security policy implementation guidance to internal I.S staff.
- Maintain an awareness of security news and developments in industry standards.
- Analytical, organised and problem-solving temperament by nature with the ability to troubleshoot issues independently
- Ideally suited to recent graduate with IT experience and looking to move into a security role
- Advantageous – Degree in Information Security or IT.
- Advantageous – IT Risk experience
- Advantageous – IT security compliance experience
- Advantageous- Knowledge of IT Security best practices
- Advantageous – Knowledge of Information Security and Risk frameworks such as COBiT, ISO 27001, NIST, CIS Top 20.
- Excellent written and strong verbal communication skills.