Triage Security Analyst - Intern
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Security Analyst - Intern to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, the leader in security operations, is a fast-growing company in an exciting and fast-growing industry—Cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf ranks #25 on the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in 2019! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are considered among the 2020 Best Places to Work by bizjournals.com.
At Arctic Wolf, we believe in corporate responsibility. Our offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities, and we earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role:
Arctic Wolf is looking to hire a Security Analyst Intern (SAI). The SAI is a 1st level Security Operations Center role, supporting our security services around the world. The SAI is an internal triage analyst who assesses inbound security data and communications, dealing with straightforward tasks and escalating to our Security Engineers as needed. This role also leverages network troubleshooting skills to assist customers in finding resolutions to their technical issues.
- Understand IT infrastructure and networking to be able to identify security incidents with the help and guidance of Senior Security Personnel.
- Triage customer requests, apply playbook driven solutions, initiate potential incident investigations through assignment to security engineers
- Attention to process and a willingness to learn are critical assets for the right candidate.
- Strong communication skills and easily interact with a variety of different people and personalities. Success in this role depends on the effective dispatch of both security and communication triage events to the correct persons in a timely manner.
- Understand the processes and systems Arctic Wolf uses, this will be critical in helping the team handle customer requests.
- Identifying new runbooks required to aid in expanding the knowledge of the team
- Continuously drive to learn new aspects of the security business.
- Review customer configurations to ensure that the system is operating effectively. Resolve any issues that you find problematic leveraging documented procedures and playbooks
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational health of sensors and scanners in customer environments.
- Investigate end-point agent installation and operational issues.
- Resolve cloud sensor configuration and communication issues.
Arctic Wolf Networks is a start-up and all SAI candidates should expect to be working with all parts of the Security Services team. A positive can-do attitude is a must. A willingness to learn and try new things is critical. An ability to deal with uncertainty is a positive.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in (or recently completed) a BSc degree in Computer Science or College program in a CyberSecurity discipline OR 2 years in the IT industry
- Demonstrated passion in networking or cybersecurity
- Customer-facing experience in any fashion
You will be required to attend trainings, seminars or webinars relevant to job role to enhance current knowledge base and skill set in order to improve job performance and efficiency.
Each successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and an employment verification as a condition of employment.
Arctic Wolf Networks is a 24×7 work environment and SAI’s are critical in developing exciting new talent on our team. After an onboarding period of time, we are able to accommodate part time working hours in this role that include weekend and after business hours times. This role is also suitable for co-op and internship positions for full time placement while in attendance at a registered college or university. Full-time career progression opportunities exist encouraging development into a Security Analyst role; a shift work rotating position including 12 and 8 hour days, nights, and weekend shifts 24x7x365.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Security basics
- Malware knowledge
- Network Routing and Switching knowledge
- Virtual environment experience with VMware or Hyper-V
- Firewalls and IDS/IPS
- Linux, Windows, Mac operating systems
- Windows and Active Directory
- Cloud technologies including AWS, Azure
- MCSE or Active Directory MCP certificates an asset
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.