Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer-Network and Security
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This role is within the Cybersecurity Engineering team, and is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting security solutions to monitor and protect Visa’s systems and data.
The ideal candidate will have significant prior experience with the full life cycle of multiple cybersecurity platforms, products, and/or technologies. The ideal candidate will also have prior experience implementing cross-organizational IT solutions, project management skills, good written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
This position is based in Bangalore.
Research, evaluate, and POC both commercial and Open Source security technologies that include but not limited to network security monitoring, endpoint security, and/or inline network security devices
Acts as a security SME to support the engineering team, providing consultancy and advice on the delivery of security solutions
Act as a specialist champion to further the direction and strategy, and work closely with all security stakeholders to continuously improve the IT Security services provided
Responsible for effectiveness and continuous improvement of security controls
Work with vendors on providing product updates, bug fixes and managing relations
Create clear and concise documentation to formalize work stream processes
Ability to stay abreast of industry trends and recent security developments in related areas
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience and a Bachelors degree, OR 8+ years of relevant work experience
• 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
• Experience in IT systems and/or networking infrastructure
• Experience in designing, deploying, and/or supporting enterprise-scale security solutions
• Domain expertise of server security controls including File Integrity Monitoring and/or endpoint security technologies.
• Experience working with or implementing Open Source security solutions in an enterprise setting
• In-depth understanding of all layers of the OSI model
• In-depth understanding of TCP/IP network fundamentals
• In-depth understanding of networking hardware such as routers, switches, and firewalls
• Knowledge of Operating systems internals, hardening, and monitoring (Windows and UNIX)
• Knowledge of PCI/DSS and its technical controls
• Experience demonstrating leadership, self-motivation and accountability
• Experience on leading complex projects cross-functionally and globally
• Chinese Mandarin fluency is a plus (to support China market)
• Agile delivery experience is a plus
• Financial services and card payments experience is a plus
• Relevant security certifications such as OSCP, ISC2 CISSP, SANS, CEH, etc. are a major plus
Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile CEH CISSP Endpoint security Firewalls Monitoring Network security Open Source OSCP PhD SANS Strategy TCP/IP UNIX Windows
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs