IDM Sr. Security Developer
Columbus, OH, United States
The Ohio State UniversityDiscover Ohio State, a mission-driven land grant university, home to the Wexner Medical Center and world-class graduate, undergraduate and research programs.
OCIO | Information and Identity Protection
Becoming a part of Ohio State gives you access to great benefits, educational opportunities, partner institution collaboration and networking, flexible work arrangements, and the best campus in the nation. The Identity Access Management (IAM) team, within Digital Security and Trust (DST), seeks a highly motivated and skilled IAM Sr. Security Developer to become part of our great university. Due to the complexity of requirements, the individual must have strong intellectual curiosity and the ability to constructively question and influence thought partners across functional areas and end-user audiences. Due to the number of diverse stakeholders and the matrixed organization structure, the individual must be able to communicate complex processes, problems, and solutions in a simple, compelling, accurate, and highly visual manner. Enterprise Security provides security services for The Ohio State University while operating under the direction of both the CISO of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUWMC) and the university CISO and the guidance of the university CIO.
In this role, you will support the Identity Management (IDM) Team. This includes developing and supporting identity management solutions. The position acts as a technical lead for small to medium security projects that include evaluating, researching and deploying products, procedures, and workflows. In this position, the primary focus will be on developing changes needed for OSUWMC. The support component of this role includes monitoring and analyzing data, identifying issues and/or events, and executing documented resolution steps for common issues or incidents. The support role also requires on call duties. IDM integrates with many systems at the university such as ERP, Learning Management, and Active Directories.
As a member of the IDM team you will - develop, recommend, and enhance complex information IDM security systems, including security controls, processes, and procedures. Interface with users to create moderately complex IT security architecture, analysis, and engineering solutions to translate user requirements to solutions. Participate in research and development of new IDM technology, analysis, and engineering best practices. Evaluate for compatibility with the security architecture. Review and analyze new technological advances in information security products such as software, devices, etc. Facilitate projects involved in evaluating and researching new and existing products, procedures and/or workflows needs associated with information security. Act as a technical lead for moderately complex IDM integrations. Acts as a resource for direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff. Creates and maintains documentation for moderately complex IDM integrations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent IDM, security, or risk work experience. 5-8 years of IT experience (preferably in IDM support, including areas of enterprise application integration).
- 4 years’ experience in configuration or development of IDM systems. Excellent knowledge of IDM processes and procedures. Excellent knowledge of directories such as, Microsoft Active Directory, NetIQ eDirectory, LDAP.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet established deadlines, requiring multitasking in a fast-paced environment, with outstanding attention to details.
- Knowledge of best practices for authorization/authentication & Identity and Access Management.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills as well as knowledge of analytical tools and process automation, best practice approach toward technology efficiency/effectiveness.
- Ability to establish and communicate security concepts, risk, and controls to higher education/business audiences.
Our goal is to foster a community of professionals with diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds who actively collaborate to support the mission of the Ohio State University. We are committed to personal and professional growth of individuals as they achieve their highest potential and support others along the way. In an ever-changing technology landscape our employees are flexible, innovative, and adept problem-solvers.
For application and more information, please visit:
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other bases under the law. Applicants are encouraged to complete and submit the Equal Employment Identification form.
More jobs like this
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States … Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States - Remote Full TimeContractMid Mid-levelUSD 135K - 150K USD 135K+
Enterprise Horizon Consulting Group
Senior DevSecOps Engineer- RemoteAutomation CI/CD Clearance DevSecOps DoD Governance Security Clearance
Competitive pay Health care Insurance Medical leave
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs