MyRepublicMyRepublic Home Broadband Promotions, mobile plans & eSIM plans. Sign up with one of the fastest-growing telecommunications providers in Asia-Pacific.
Our purpose at MyRepublic is to transform people’s lives by creating a connected world that is seamless, smart and safe, while innovating the way telcos operate.
MyRepublic is one of the fastest growing digital telco operators in Asia-Pacific. Homegrown in sunny Singapore, we have operations in Singapore, Australia and New Zealand with a defining difference. We are the world’s first telecommunications company powered by a proprietary cloud platform who has pioneered a disruptive operating model with unparalleled efficiency and customer focus.
The engine behind MyRepublic’s success, besides its people, is its next-gen digital platform that automates and integrates its backend processes, while driving a seamless customer experience.
MyRepublic offers residential broadband, enterprise broadband, home voice, and mobile services. We are way more than just a telco or an ISP. We exist to transform people’s lives by creating a connected world that is seamless, smart, and safe while innovating the way telcos operate. We are the future beyond telcos.
- Proactively and independently manage the risk of MyRepublic’s handling of personal data for all MyRepublic entities through the assessment of privacy risks, and ensuring compliance with privacy legislation in each jurisdiction.
- Designated privacy subject matter expert for all MyRepublic entities.
- Leading the development and implementation of MyRepublic’s privacy program.
Role & Responsibilities
- Evaluate and advise the organisation on privacy risks associated with new technologies, programs, and systems and conduct privacy impact assessments
- Ensure timely response to data requests and maintain compliance documentation.
- Support dissemination and delivery of privacy training initiatives.
- Conduct privacy related vendor due diligence assessments for vendors.
- Monitor legislative changes, guidance and best practices across the region
- Analyse and support implementation of new privacy rules and regulations in respective countries
- Support response to local data protection authority requests/inspections
- Participate in internal and external networks and groups to support the business, maintain level of expertise and for benchmarking purposes
- Support Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) for products, systems and services. Assess privacy risks and recommend controls required to mitigate privacy risks.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and assist in process improvement projects that have a data protection implication.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Law, Cyber Security, Data Science, Engineering or related discipline, or commensurate experience
- Minimum 5+ years of privacy framework experience (APAC privacy legislations).
- Experience in the telecommunications or technology sectors is preferable.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working on a privacy program, with hands-on experience on multiple areas of privacy e.g. risk assessments and risk mitigation, training, DSARs, RoPA, monitoring and audits.
- Privacy Certification(s) like IAPP-CIPM/CIPT/CIPE or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated professional SME privacy expertise applied in programs, training and tools
- Strong command of English language in both written and verbal form, knowledge of additional languages would be advantageous.
We think you’ll fit in great with us if you have (Capabilities):
- Strong analytical and organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- Team player with strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ethical behavior, with the ability to remain impartial and report all non-compliance.
- Skilled in influencing and working with diverse stakeholders in a cross-functional capacity across the region
- Leadership capabilities, including ability to interact with and advise management and influence stakeholders across the organisation
- Confidence and ability to interact with outside counsel, regulatory authorities and experts, as appropriate
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to advise on risk based decisions involving regulatory, reputational and financial risk and to act with a high degree of integrity and autonomy.
- Curious mindset, learning agility and interest in innovative ways of doing things.
What we offer in return:
- Exciting opportunities to create and grow in a rapidly growing organisation that is a disruptor in the telco-tech space.
- Amazing colleagues and culture that encourages you to do your best work while staying authentic and true to yourself.
- A workplace that puts your individual needs at the core: Remote, Hybrid or In-Office – choose a work rhythm that suits you and your team. We focus on outcomes and believe that you can deliver your best work, working anywhere, anytime.
- Wellness first. We believe that wellness goes beyond team celebrations and birthday parties. Our holistic approach to wellness gives you opportunities to recharge, connect and explore, at and outside work. In addition to the standard leave entitlements, we offer:
- 1 day of wellness leave every quarter for you to take for your health and wellbeing, and explore your personal passions.
- 20 days to work from anywhere each year, allowing you more flexibility to explore and connect with your interests while delivering work you will be proud about.
We believe that skills, knowledge and experience can come from a diverse range of life experiences. You may not have ALL the listed requirements for this role but this should not hold back! If you believe that you have what it takes for this position, are willing to learn, and you identify with the values and mission of MyRepublic, we would love to hear from you. We celebrate diversity and look forward to hearing from a diverse group of applicants. We do not discriminate on any factor in our hiring process.
More jobs like this
Sydney, Australia Sydney, Australia Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 70K - 200K USD 70K+
Cyber – Cloud/ Security Architect – Cyber Defence – Consultant to DirectorApplication security APT AWS Azure Blockchain CISSP Cloud +12
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +1
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs