Cyber Endpoint Engineer
Merrifield, Virginia, United States
phia LLCAt phia, trust us to solve the complex challenges of our connected world through top-tier cyber intelligence & threat hunting. Contact us.
At phia, we hire talented and passionate people who are focused on collaborative, meaningful work, providing technical and operational subject matter expertise and support services to our partners and clients.
phia is hiring a Cyber Endpoint Engineer. The qualified candidate will have expertise in endpoint technologies like Microsoft Defender and Symantec Endpoint Security Complete. This support contract provides a broad range of cyber services to all components under the CISO including cyber operations, cyber risk, security engineering and digital integration departments. The client’s enterprise consists of over 600,000 employees, 500,000 devices, 200,000 enterprise email accounts, 200,000 endpoints, 800 firewall sets, and 640+ URLs of which 350 require web application firewall protection.
This job is located in Merrifield, VA or Morrisville, NC with some remote capability during the pandemic at the discretion of the customer. Preferred candidates will live within a commutable distance to these locations.
What You'll Do:
Provide technical leadership to deliver enterprise security architecture, engineering, implementation and operations. This role is action and solution oriented with an emphasis on endpoint engineering.
- Architect, implement and operate Endpoint solutions across a large and diverse enterprise (600K+ users, 600+ applications, large IP enabled footprint)
- Ability to configure, patch, and provide administration to Microsoft Defender and Symantec Endpoint Security Complete
- Leverage scripting or programming languages as needed for integration or automation
- Collaborate with business and IT staff to understand strategic and tactical business, application or service requirements then translate those into secure design solutions
- Provide guidance and leadership to determine, develop, plan, test, and implement endpoint security solutions and security requirements for the enterprise
- Provide complex technical guidance, oversight, and enforcement of security directives, policies, standards, plans, and procedures
- Prepare justifications and business cases for recommendations on cybersecurity initiatives
- Develop project documentation including detailed security plans, security architecture designs, detailed security implementation and deployment plans, test plans, and security-focused operational procedures and training materials
- Develop and present program status / metrics to management
- Identify roadblocks and propose effective solution
Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required or equivalent experience (i.e., 4 years for bachelors, 2 years for masters)
- Qualified candidates will have experience in Microsoft Defender and Symantec Endpoint Security Complete or similar technologies: Tanium, Mandiant MIR, FireEye HX, Carbon Black/bit9, BigFix, IBM Tivoli Endpoint, McAfee, Symantec, CrowdStrike Falcon, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in systems administration or operations of endpoint technologies,
- Experience with integration, scripting/coding development and configuration of endpoint technologies
- Must posses and be able to explain technical fundamentals with TCP/IP, DNS/HTTP/SMTP, OSI model, operating systems, web applications, databases, mobile applications, virtualization, cloud and other core IT disciplines
- Understanding and working knowledge and experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with architecting, implementing and operating endpoint services in large enterprises
- Ability to propose and implement creative solutions around endpoint security
- Cross-functional understanding of Microsoft Defender and Symantec Endpoint Security Complete operations, security practices and the user experience
- Background with exposure to more advanced experience in programming or scripting (e.g. Python, Java, C#, C/C++, Perl, Shell Scripting)
- 10+ years of related technical experience (highest level of seniority)
- Master’s degree in related field; Computer Science, Engineering, Security, IT, etc.
- One or more of the following: CISSP, CEH, SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, CCNA, CCNP, product specific certifications or training Microsoft Defender/ATP
Security Clearance Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain Public Trust (or higher) government clearance. Active USPS Sensitive clearance preferred.
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
MPORTANT: This position may be subject to Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring covered employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which the Federal Government is not enforcing at this time.
- Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
phia does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Other jobs like this
401(k) matching Medical leave Parental leave Startup environment
Application Security EngineerApplication security Automation Azure Linux OWASP Penetration testing PowerShell Product security Python SDLC +4
401(k) matching Career development Flex vacation Health care Team events +1
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs