AVP, Security Governance, Group Information Security
Singapore (City Area), Singapore, 048624
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
Group Technology and Operations (GTO) provides software and system development, information technology support services and banking operations.
We have centralized and standardized the technology components into Singapore, creating a global footprint which can be utilized for supporting our regional subsidiaries and the branches around the world. We operate and support 19 countries with this architecture to provide a secure and flexible banking infrastructure.
Our Operations divisions provide transactional customer services for our businesses while also focusing on cost efficiency through process improvements, automation and straight through processing.
The AVP, Security Governance role will support the Head of Security Governance in enhancing and maintaining the Security Governance within the Group Information Security(GIS) function in the Bank.
This position will support senior Security Governance team members and work closely with various business, risk and technology stakeholders to:
• Proactively assess the compliance exposure to current and emerging security-related regulatory requirements and plan & track remediation efforts.
• Manage reverse third-party due diligence engagements related to GIS.
• Manage audit, assurance and regulatory engagements related to GIS including ongoing knowledge management on queries and request for information.
• Track and report against the technology KORI(Key Operational Risk Indicators)/KRIs and required security metrics.
• Execution of the GIS KRCSA (Key Risk and Control Self Assessments).
• Management policy, procedures and standards updates and control.
• Manage various GIS initiatives and duties as assigned.
• Communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external teams and stakeholders.
• Capable of managing a variety of priorities and deliverables with minimal guidance or supervision.
• Ability to respond to any requests and issues on a timely basis.
• Diploma/Degree in engineering/Computer Science / IT/Cyber Security from a recognized education institution.
• Professional Technology Risk Management/Cybersecurity related qualification will be favorable although not mandatory.
• Knowledge of industry best practices.
• Overall experience 5+ years of experience.
• 2+ years of relevant experience in Security/IT governance disciplines.
• Have a strong security risk and analytical mindset in approaching situations and interactions with stakeholders.
• Effective negotiating skills and demonstrated sensitivity to working and interacting with stakeholders.
• Good knowledge of Security concepts and practices.
• Good knowledge of Security related guidelines and advisories from regulators.
• Good with numbers for use in metrics.
• Good written and verbal communication skills and expertise in setting and managing stakeholder expectations.
• Process aware mindset
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
• Strong team player.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• High degree of attention to detail and discipline on tracking and managing the closure of identified gaps and issues.
• Willing to learn quickly.
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Flex hours
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs