Security Engineer - Cloud Focus
Hessle - (minimum 3 days a week in office), United Kingdom
GiacomOur platform connects technology resellers and service providers to the best IT, comms and Cloud products and services so they can create brilliant technology solutions for UK businesses.
Supporting a UK-wide network of over 5,000 local, expert technology providers, Giacom makes it really simple for technology resellers and MSPs to access everything they need to create brilliant technology solutions for UK businesses.
Giacom’s market-leading platform, Cloud Market, provides one place where partners can procure and manage comms, cloud, hardware and IT products and services, from the world’s leading vendors and service providers.
Our comprehensive portfolio of technology products and services gives our partners the competitive advantage to build bigger and more successful businesses by providing their customers with the best solutions and customer experience possible.
At our core, we value diversity and inclusivity, creating an environment that empowers our team members to be their whole, authentic selves, every day. We believe that by embracing different perspectives and backgrounds, we can truly make a difference and shape a better future.
Are you ready to join us in our mission to supercharge UK business growth through the transformative power of technology enablement? Join us in fulfilling this mission and making a meaningful difference!
- Department: IT Services
- Team: Security Blue Team
- Salary: up to £46,000 D.O.E + Comprehensive benefits package
- Location: Hessle - (minimum 3 days a week in office)
The Security team is an integral part of the IT Services department and the wider group, responsible for all aspects of security across server, network, and end-user devices. It is a multi-disciplined team that works closely with the other teams in the IT Services department as well as stakeholders across the wider business.
Forming a core part of the Security team this is a hands-on role offering the successful candidate the opportunity to hone their skills whilst working to secure our cloud, server, and laptop estate.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsible for the continued development and improvement of our cloud security posture
- Work with the 365 Engineer to ensure secure practices on our cloud tenants.
- Responsible for Cloud Security related support incidents and requests escalated from stakeholders.
- Accountable for proactively managing and prioritising ticket queue and ensuring that all incidents and requests are accurately logged and updated in accordance with our SLA’s and procedures within our ITSM system.
- Contribute effectively to the establishment and maintenance of the IT Security department shared knowledge, documenting clear instructions and known fixes.
- Assist in incident response as required.
- Work on projects as assigned.
- Work with the rest of the Security team to manage and remediate vulnerabilities across the estate.
- Proven experience in a Cloud administrative role/Security administration role.
- A good technical knowledge of modern cloud offerings
- Experience with vulnerability management
- A broad technical knowledge of server, endpoint, and networking hardware and related security configurations.
- Experience in administering and securing Azure cloud infrastructure
- Experience in administering and securing AWS infrastructure
- Knowledge of security standards and frameworks
- Experience with EDR/EPP software, deployment, and configuration
- Any relevant Azure/AWS Certifications are desirable, especially SC-200, AZ-500, SC-900. AWS Cloud Practitioner (Foundational), AWS Security (Speciality)
- Any relevant Security certifications are desirable, Sec + CYSA+
At Giacom, we champion authenticity and individuality. Say goodbye to rigid dress codes and embrace the freedom to be yourself. Our work environment encourages and celebrates your unique qualities, providing a space where you can truly thrive.
Diversity and equality lie at the heart of our values. As an equal opportunities and disability-confident employer, we encourage applications from all eligible candidates, regardless of their backgrounds. We firmly believe that diversity enriches and strengthens our team with a variety of perspectives that drives innovation.
If our advert has sparked your interest in joining the Giacom team, and you're still contemplating whether it’s the perfect fit for you, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We would be delighted to hear from you and have a conversation about all the exciting opportunities we have to offer. Your exploration of possibilities starts with a simple connection, and we welcome the opportunity to connect with you.
And what about the Giacom benefits…?
Working with Giacom offers a multitude of perks designed with you in mind. From a generous 25 days of holidays, to a comprehensive pension plan, we've got you covered. And to make your celebrations extra special, you'll enjoy an additional day off around your birthday.
Your well-being and engagement matter to us, which is why we have a dedicated team committed to ensuring your satisfaction at work. We’re here to provide the support and empowerment you need, every step of the way.
Recognition is vital to us, and we believe in acknowledging your hard work and achievements. That's why we regularly organise team and industry events to celebrate your successes and foster a sense of camaraderie among our team members.
Our Employee Assistance Programme will also help you to maintain your well-being, providing support when you need it most. Professional development opportunities are readily available to help you achieve your personal goals, and we even offer eye care vouchers and discounted Medicash membership to assist with your well-being.
So, if you're looking for a rewarding career with a market leader that values you and provides a range of incredible benefits, look no further. Join us at Giacom and embark on a journey of both personal and professional growth. Take the first step by applying today and discover the exciting opportunities that await you.
For more information on our Recruitment privacy notice, please follow this link and select option 8 to view - https://giacom.com/help/privacy-and-cookies-policy
More jobs like this
GB.Epsom.Woodcote Grove GB.Epsom.Woodcote Grove Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 138K - 210K * USD 138K+ *
Senior Security EngineerClearance Compliance Governance Intrusion detection Monitoring Security Clearance +1
Career development Competitive pay Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs