Lead Information Security Engineer
MastercardWir verbinden und fördern eine integrative, digitale Wirtschaft, von der Menschen, Unternehmen und Regierungen weltweit profitieren, indem wir Transaktionen sicher, einfach und zugänglich machen.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryLead Information Security EngineerWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Information Security Engineering team is looking for a Lead Information Security Engineer for Xborder Services program to drive application security for them. The candidate is expected to monitor system security and compliance and develop, deliver, maintain, and monitor IT security policies, standards, and best practices. The candidate also oversees compliance and the implementation of disaster recovery procedures.
In this position, you will:
• Leads complex initiatives and projects.
• Influences and implements security requirements, standards, and architecture for the security aspects of small- to medium-sized projects, and participates in internal investigations.
• Defines platform architecture and drives strategy execution.
• Responsible for understanding security policies and industry best practices & compliance.
• Responsible for reviewing and providing feedback for improvements to front-line metrics to ensure controls are being met as defined.
• Responsible for reviewing all project documentation, including maintaining technical documents and business requirements.
• Responsible for completing Voice of Customer surveys and communication if part of a security domain-based engineering team (i.e. identity access management) for any new technologies or governance processes.
• Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop junior employees.
• Provides input into the performance appraisal process for some junior employees or team members.
• Raises opportunities for improvement to senior consulting and provides technical guidance for junior resources.
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
- Experience working in cross-functional and large projects with globally dispersed development resources.
- Self-manages priorities and time to ensure successful deliverables.
- Experience handling difficult conversations with project stakeholders and identifying risks and tradeoffs.
- Experience working with one of the public cloud providers and securing applications in it.
- Led complex cross-functional projects locally or for several countries.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in order to meet project constraints (budget, deadlines, etc.).
- Able to lead project teams, and collaborate with business partners, vendor/ consulting organizations, and peer-level professionals from other IT disciplines.
- Information Security Engineering experience including risk identification with options and compensating controls to remediate.
- Successful track record in identifying ways to modify the security program (i.e. identity access management) to keep up with the ever-changing technology & security landscape.
- Experience initiating and managing improvement in security domain areas (i.e. identity access and authentication) by leveraging process metrics and customer feedback.
- Good understanding of the Software Development process especially related to secure coding best practices. Prior experience programming in Java is a plus.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs