Systems Architect & Cybersecurity Lead ESB ecars
Dublin Santry, D, IE
ESBAs a strong, diversified, vertically integrated utility, ESB operates right across the electricity market: from generation, through transmission and distribution to supply.
Established in 2010, ESB ecars installs, operates, and manages publicly available EV charge point infrastructure in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and Great Britain providing charging services to all EV drivers. Underpinned by strong policy drivers, the electromobility industry is now growing rapidly with the number of EVs in Europe increasing greatly as EV sales grow exponentially. To cater for future demand, and in line with our 2030 strategy, ESB ecars is focused on scaling it’s business, primarily through the roll-out of fast and high-power charging infrastructure in all markets, and the provision of a reliable, high-quality charging service to its customers. In addition to expanding its charging networks, ESB ecars aims to be a recognised digital leader in the e-mobility space, through the creation of a best-in-class customer experience.
The ecars IT & Digital team is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of essential IT services to the ecars business and its customers on a 24/7 basis, and for evolving the IT & Digital services over time to meet ever evolving business goals and requirements. The ecars technology landscape is comprised of a core state-of-the-art charge point management and revenue management system delivered on a software-as-a-service basis, connected to over 2000 charge points over 3g and 4g mobile networks. A range of interfaces are used to connect to third-party systems, including payment gateways, roaming platforms, CRM systems and business partners. Customer touchpoints include digital tools, mobile applications and contactless RFID cards.
The Systems Architect & Cybersecurity Lead at ESB ecars holds a critical role responsible for shaping the technology landscape of the organisation. This position involves designing and architecting end-to-end solutions for ICT, OT, and digital systems, ensuring alignment with business objectives and requirements. Additionally, the role encompasses vital responsibilities in cybersecurity, disaster recovery planning, vendor collaboration, and compliance with industry standards to safeguard ESB ecars' technology infrastructure and support its continued growth and leadership in the e-mobility sector. It is suited for an energetic, curious, creative individual, with a customer centric mindset, and represents a fantastic opportunity to work in an emerging area at a really exciting time in its evolution.
- Strategy and Systems Roadmap: Support the development of the IT & Digital strategy for ecars. Develop and maintain the associated systems roadmap aligned with business objectives.
- Solutions Architecture and Design: Design and architect end-to-end solutions for ICT, OT, and digital systems at ESB ecars, ensuring alignment with business requirements and goals.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Work closely with stakeholders to understand their requirements and ensure that ICT, OT, and digital systems meet their needs.
- Procurement Specification & Evaluation: Lead the specification, evaluation and selection of hardware, software, and technology components for ESB ecars' ICT, OT, and digital systems.
- Systems Integration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to seamlessly integrate ICT, OT, and digital systems into existing infrastructure and processes.
- Disaster Recovery & Cyber Security: Develop and maintain Disaster Recovery and Cyber Security Incident Response plans to ensure business continuity for ESB ecars. Implement cybersecurity strategies, standards, and policies to safeguard ESB ecars' systems and data.
- Data Protection & GDPR Compliance: Work closely with Data Owners, Data Stewards and Data Protection Office to ensure protection of data and compliance with GDPR.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Conduct risk assessments and vulnerability analyses to identify potential cybersecurity threats and develop mitigation plans.
- Vendor Collaboration: Work closely with vendors to complete reviews, vulnerability assessments, mitigations, and other cybersecurity-related activities as needed.
- Cross-Team Coordination: Coordinate with the ecars Operations, Corporate IT and Cybersecurity and Telecoms teams to ensure ICT, Digital and OT Systems, processes and technical solutions meet cybersecurity requirements.
- Documentation and Compliance: Develop and maintain documentation related to ICT, OT, and digital systems architecture and cybersecurity measures at ESB ecars. Ensure compliance with the NIS Directive, including ongoing monitoring and remediation.
- Reporting and Audits: Develop status reports and metrics to provide visibility on overall cybersecurity posture and NIS Directive compliance status. Prepare documentation for audits and compliance with corporate and NIS Directive requirements.
- Standardization Participation: Participate in national and international standardization organizations and working groups to influence the development of industry standards and regulatory developments in alignment with ecars and wider ESB strategy, plans, policies, and interests.
Experience and Qualification
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Broad knowledge and experience working with ICT and OT systems, digital technologies, and architectures.
- Familiarity with industry frameworks and regulations related to cybersecurity, such as NIST, ISO 27001, and GDPR.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity best practices and standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, adapt, and be flexible.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Minimum degree level in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- Relevant certifications such as TOGAF, CISSP, CISM, or CCSP would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of E-mobility and Energy industries.
- Knowledge of electromobility-centric IT systems, including protocols and standards such as such as Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP) and the Open Charge Point Interface Protocol (OCPI) would be desirable.
This position will be based in ESB Swiftsquare, Santry, Dublin 9
ESB is committed to smart working – combining digital tools with a culture of trust and empowerment to enable flexible ways of working. The successful candidate may work flexibly within their jurisdiction with attendance at the workplace for in-person collaboration on at least one anchor day per week. All smart working arrangements are subject to manager approval and ongoing review, based on the operational requirements of the role, the team, and the individual.
IT & Digital Manager, ESB ecars, Customer Solutions
Why Work with Us?
• Opportunity to lead Ireland’s transition to net zero carbon future
• Progressive, hybrid working model
• Career development through mentoring and training
• Corporate Social Responsibility Opportunities
• Sports and Social Clubs
• Networking opportunities
• Credit Union
• Generous Pension
• Access to staff well-being programmes
• Generous parental leave entitlements
• Strong values-based and inclusive culture
• Strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
• Great team environment working to our Core Values: Courageous, Caring, Driven and Trusted
Starting at €66,000 per annum
27th February 2024
Note: Applicants who anticipate requiring assistance or reasonable accommodations for any part of the application or interview process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com
If you have any queries in relation to this job, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be held in reserve for 6 months should you be suitable for the role.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs