Senior Environmental Compliance Biologist
Phoenix, AZ, US
Salt River ProjectSalt River Project has delivered low-cost, reliable power and water to Arizona for over 100 years. View plans, see outages, pay your bill, contact us and more.
Requisition ID: 16610
Join us in building a better future for Arizona!
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power and named one of Arizona's best employers by Forbes. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health, and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Pension Plan (at no cost to the employee)
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Available your first day: Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Over 200+ hours of PTO (includes vacation days, holidays, floating holidays, and sick leave)
- Parental leave (up to 4 weeks) and adoption assistance
- Wellness programs (including access to a recreation and fitness facility)
- Short and long-term disability plans
- Tuition assistance for both undergraduate and graduate programs
- 10 Employee Resource Groups for career development, community service, and networking
The successful candidate will provide technical support, guidance, and direction on environmental compliance needs for SRP’s power and water infrastructure, including operation, maintenance, siting, and construction. The position will assist with implementation of the Roosevelt Lake Habitat Conservation Plan (HCP). The duties will require conducting, coordinating, and managing contracts for field studies of terrestrial and aquatic species, with a focus on northern Mexican gartersnake conservation and fisheries projects. This position will also support property and infrastructure management, habitat restoration, and field monitoring activities of the HCP properties located on the Gila, Salt, San Pedro, and Verde rivers. The position requires an individual with demonstrated project management and problem-solving skills in addition to a working knowledge of multiple environmental laws and regulations, such as National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act Section 404, and the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act. Work will be conducted under the supervision of the Manager of Biological and Cultural Resource Services.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate and manage multiple projects to meet HCP mitigation obligations.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement field studies for terrestrial and aquatic species, including the northern Mexican gartersnake, southwestern willow flycatcher, western yellow-billed cuckoo, and other federally threatened or endangered species.
- Implement gartersnake conservation projects (including nonnative fish removal and coordination of rearing and stocking of native aquatic species).
- Analyze and interpret field data and prepare technical reports of wildlife and fisheries studies; review technical reports prepared by outside researchers and environmental consultants.
- Coordinate with federal and state land management and wildlife agencies to conduct studies and accomplish HCP mitigation obligations.
- In collaboration with other SRP Environmental Compliance Scientists and HCP property managers, direct, conduct, and support property management activities, including administering infrastructure and maintenance projects.
- Plan and implement habitat restoration projects and conduct field monitoring of wildlife, vegetation, and hydrological conditions on the HCP properties.
- Negotiate and administer biological or other consultant contracts to accomplish HCP mitigation requirements or compliance for other SRP water and power projects.
- Prepare and provide techical presentations to SRP leadership, federal and state agencies, or the public.
- Engage with state and federal agencies, universities, trade associations, and nonprofit organizations to continually build and improve upon your knowledge of wildlife science, natural resource regulations, and technical skills related to SRP’s ongoing and future water and power operations.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to review, analyze and develop comments concerning proposed federal and state natural resource laws, regulations or policies that could impact SRP’s water or power operations.
What It Takes To Succeed
Position requires periodic travel up to a week at a time, and ability to safely conduct field work in remote locations and difficult environmental conditions. Experience with various wildlife and fisheries field survey techniques (including snake, fish, and frog sampling and capture methods, and protocol bird surveys) and ability to operate boats, ATVs, UTVs, and 4x4 vehicles preferred. Adept at technical report preparation, project management, and overseeing multiple projects at one time. Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with federal and state wildlife and land management agency staff. Strong interpersonal skills and experience with communicating and presenting to management, regulatory agencies, peers, and the public.
Bachelor’s degree in biological science, natural resources, or related disciplines appropriate to the position, such as ecology, environmental science, wildlife biology, natural resource policy or natural resource management is preferred.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three years experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
EducationCompletion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
SRP currently offers a hybrid workplace, which allows employees whose jobs can be performed remotely, and who have sufficient technical capability, to telework up to three days per week. Although teleworking is available, all employees must live and work in Arizona. We are taking steps to protect the health and well-being of all team members, and by following a number of health and safety protocols, to reduce the risk of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
To promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers, and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
MA804: Marlborough, MA Building … MA804: Marlborough, MA Building 4 1001 Boston … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 77K - 163K USD 77K+
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) - onsite Marlborough, MAACAS Audits Clearance Compliance DAAPM DISA +16
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +4
SALT LAKE CITY, UT, … SALT LAKE CITY, UT, US, 84116 Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 100K - 118K USD 100K+
Grid Modernization Compliance Specialist, Salt lake City, UT, or Portland,OR #111859Audits Automation Compliance Computer Science Finance Governance +2
Equity Health care Medical leave Parental leave Salary bonus
St. Petersburg, Florida, United … St. Petersburg, Florida, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 95K+
Pole Star Defense
Senior IT Risk and Compliance Analyst (Audit, Governance Risk & Compliance)Audits C CIA CISA CISSP Clearance +12
Career development Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs