Senior Consultant - Cybersecurity, data protection and privacy
Montréal, Quebec, CA, H3A 0A8
EYMit unseren vier integrierten Geschäftsbereichen — Wirtschaftsprüfung und prüfungsnahe Dienstleistungen, Steuerberatung, Unternehmensberatung und Strategy and Transactions — sowie unserem Branchenwissen unterstützen wir unsere Mandanten dabei,...
With rapidly changing data threats, clients from all industries look to us for trusted solutions for their increasingly complex risks. You will have access to our robust platform to advise clients on managing data protection and privacy, enhancing maturity, and improving efficiency. You will belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex data protection and privacy needs and contributing toward their business resilience.
We are actively seeking a Senior to join our Cybersecurity team specifically the Data Protection and Privacy specialty. You’ll work alongside respected industry professionals, learning about and applying leading practices to better manage people, processes and technology capabilities within the data protection and privacy domains. You’ll gain insights into the design and operations of data protection and privacy programs and strategies in a variety of industries and learn how to design measurable, sustainable programs to keep up with the constantly evolving privacy landscape.
This position falls within our Consulting practice, which helps our clients enhance the effectiveness of operations functions by assisting them as they shift their emphasis from transaction-level control, processing and reporting to more value driven, decision support and analytics.
Your key responsibilities
As a Cybersecurity, data protection and privacy senior you'll deliver client engagements as well as internal projects. You will help clients gain insights into their privacy programs and capabilities to maintain compliance to local and global privacy regulations. Consult with privacy and cyber managers to determine the role of IT systems in an organization. Research emerging technologies to determine if installing them can increase the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness and identify any potential impact in privacy. Advise clients on managing their privacy programs to mitigate their business risks. Assess privacy programs and strategies using our proprietary framework, design solutions to remediate gaps or enhance maturity of specific privacy capabilities, improve measurements and monitoring, and develop sustainable processes to enable our clients to achieve business goals and mitigate their risks.
Skills and attributes for success
- Consistently deliver quality client services.
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
- Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge.
- Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex data processing systems. Use knowledge of the current data processing environment and industry trends to identify engagement and client service issues and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law (preferably) or in Computer Science, Management Science, Information Security, Data, Business, Ethics or a related field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Science, Data, Business, Ethics, Law, or a related field and 2 to 3 years of work experience.
- Knowledge and 2 to 3 years of hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Assessing client risk and compliance against privacy regulations.
- Designing or operationalizing functional privacy within or on behalf of a business.
- Providing support of privacy enhancing technology (PET).
- Knowledge and 2 to 3 years of practical experience with common frameworks, standards and methodologies used in the data protection and privacy field.
- Practical experience with conducting risk assessments and testing of data protection and privacy controls
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of data analytics methods
- Ideally possess one of the following certifications: CIPP (Canada), CIPM or CIPT.
- Solid knowledge and experience presenting using MS Power Point, Excel and Visio.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Experience on writing reports on findings and analysis of privacy issues.
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for cybersecurity, data protection and privacy. If you have the confidence in both your presentation and technical abilities to grow into a leading expert here, this is the role for you.
What we offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2021 a reality.
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. We embrace diversity and are committed to combating systemic racism, advocating for the 2SLGBT+ community, promoting our Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, and are dedicated to amplifying the voices of Indigenous people (First Nations, Inuit, and Métis) nationally as we strive towards reconciliation. Our diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds, and perspectives make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.EY | Building a better working world EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Toronto, Ontario, Canada Toronto, Ontario, Canada Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 58K - 107K USD 58K+
DevSec Ops, Cyber Risk, Consultant/Senior ConsultantAgile Ansible Application security Automation AWS Azure +24
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flexible spending account Flex vacation +4
Toronto-81 Bay, 17th Floor Toronto-81 Bay, 17th Floor Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 140K * USD 75K+ *
Consultant, Information SecurityActive Directory Analytics Automation Banking Business Intelligence Computer Science +16
Career development Competitive pay Startup environment Team events
Seattle, WA, United States Seattle, WA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 101K - 139K USD 101K+
Palo Alto Networks
Consultant, DFIR, Reactive Services (Unit 42)C Computer Science DFIR EnCase Firewalls Forensics +5
Career development Conferences Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs