Cybersecurity Risk Specialist - Hybrid
Midland (MI, USA)
DowAcross diverse industries, Dow is an innovative leader for materials science solutions. Explore Dow's history, careers, partnerships & sustainability programs.
At Dow, we believe in putting people first and we’re passionate about delivering integrity, respect and safety to our customers, our employees and the planet.
Our people are at the heart of our solutions. They reflect the communities we live in and the world where we do business. Their diversity is our strength. We’re a community of relentless problem solvers that offers the daily opportunity to contribute with your perspective, transform industries and shape the future. Our purpose is simple - to deliver a sustainable future for the world through science and collaboration. If you’re looking for a challenge and meaningful role, you’re in the right place.
Dow has an exciting opportunity for a Cybersecurity Risk Specialist located in Midland, MI or Houston, TX. The role will align to Dow's Design Your Day approach and allows employees flexibility by choosing when to work remotely and when to attend on-site activities based on project work and role needs.
About you and this role
As a Cybersecurity Risk Specialist, you will be responsible for identifying and evaluating potential security risks and providing recommendations for risk mitigation. In this role, you will oversee and supervise a team of risk assessors. This position requires a deep understanding of cybersecurity principles, risk assessment methodologies, and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Acts as a process lead and provides oversight for a team of risk assessors
- Conducts risk profiles and thorough assessments of information systems, applications, and infrastructure to identify potential security risks
- Utilizes risk assessment methodologies to analyze and quantify the impact and likelihood of identified risks
- Prepares detailed risk assessment reports outlining identified vulnerabilities, associated risks, and recommended mitigation strategies
- Communicates assessment findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders in a clear and understandable manner
- Identifies and evaluates potential risks or hazards associated with a vendor’s operations and products and its potential impact on the organization
- Evaluates the effectiveness of existing security controls and safeguards in place
- Provides recommendations for enhancing security controls to better mitigate identified risks
- Monitors changes in the regulatory landscape and updates risk assessments accordingly
- Works collaboratively with other cybersecurity professionals, IT teams, and business units to gather information and insights for risk assessments
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and implement risk mitigation strategies
- Stays informed on emerging cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, and industry best practices
- Continuously updates risk assessment methodologies to align with evolving cybersecurity landscape
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, 5 years relevant experience, or relevant military experience at a U.S. E6 rank or Canadian Petty Officer 2nd Class or higher
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant IT governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) experience
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in IT Risk Management/Risk Assessments/Vendor Risk Assessments
- Certification in or interested in obtaining certification in CISSP/CISA/CISM
- Experience in conducting cybersecurity risk assessments, vendor risk assessments, or related activities
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity principles, risk management frameworks, and industry standards
- Excellent written skills
- Team player and team leader
- Detail oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills to convey complex technical information to diverse audiences
- Ability to pick up new items and concepts quickly
- This position does not offer relocation assistance
Benefits – What Dow offers you
We invest in you.
Dow invests in total rewards programs to help you manage all aspects of you: your pay, your health, your life, your future, and your career. You bring your background, talent and perspective to work every day. Dow rewards that commitment by investing in your total wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights of what you would be offered as a Dow employee:
- Equitable and market-competitive base pay and bonus opportunity across our global markets, along with locally relevant incentives.
- Benefits and programs to support your physical, mental and emotional well-being, to help you get the care you need...when you need it.
- Competitive retirement program that may include company-provided benefits, savings opportunities, financial planning and educational resources to help you achieve your long term financial-goals.
- Become a Dow shareholder through various employee stock programs.
- Opportunities to learn and grow through training and mentoring, work experiences, community involvement and team building.
- Workplace culture empowering role-based flexibility to maximize personal productivity and balance personal needs.
- Global Paid Time Off (PTO) policies:
- Paid time off for new parents (birthing and non-birthing, including adoptive and foster parents).
- Paid time off to care for family members who are sick or injured.
- Paid time off to support volunteering and Employee Resource Group’s (ERG) participation.
Join our team, we can make a difference together.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance leadership to achieve profitable growth and help deliver a sustainable future. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 37,800 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $57 billion in 2022. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, religion, sex, including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity, national origin, age, disability and genetic information, including family medical history. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR (833-693-6947) and select option 8.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs