Senior Cyber Systems Architect
Arlington, VA, United States
PeratonPeraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly...
Peratons’ DSCM program encompasses technical, engineering, data analytics, cyber security, management, operational, logistical, and administrative support to aid and advise DoS Cyber & Technology Security (CTS) Directorate. This includes protecting a global cyber infrastructure comprising networks, systems, information, and mobile devices all while identifying and responding to cyber risks and threats. Those supporting Peratons’ DSCM program strive to leverage their expert knowledge and propose creative solutions to real-world cybersecurity challenges.
Peraton is seeking a Senior Cyber Systems Architect to become part of Peratons’ Department of State (DoS) Diplomatic Security Cyber Mission (DSCM) program providing leading cyber and technology security experience to enable innovative, effective and secure business processes.
- Designs and develops new systems, applications, and solutions for enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- Ensures system security needs are established and maintained for operations development, security requirements definition, security risk assessment, systems analysis, systems design, security test and evaluation, certification and accreditation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning, incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning.
- Provides analytical support for security policy development and analysis.
- Integrates new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, provides architectural analysis of cyber security features, and relates existing system to future needs and trends, embeds advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering recommendations, and resolves integration and testing issues.
- Lead and supervise an engineering team to review and refine prototype designs for a Cross Domain projects.
- Plan and assign software development taskings to ensure timely development all required software components for the acceptance, parsing, and validation of all requirement document types.
- Enforce full unit testing coverage for all developed software code as well as elimination of all scan-detectable code defects, bugs, code smells and code vulnerabilities by the software engineering team members.
- Work with software, security and cloud engineering teams to ensure cloud environments are planned and configured to support filtering and sanitization operations of the CN-CDSS across all domains.
- Ensure full automation of system builds and deployment across domains through appropriate DevSecOps processes making use of US government provided tools and commercially available resources.
- Oversee the System Security Engineer and System Security Officer to ensure timely development of risk management body of evidence artifacts in support of the Risk Management Framework, implementation of controls, assessment preparedness and proactive elimination of vulnerabilities that might impede final authorization.
- Work alongside multiple project teams to ensure consistent and uniform security implementation across both on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline and a minimum 15 years hands-on experience designing secure systems.
- Expertise in/strong understanding of cloud computing concepts and fundamentals (serverless, scalability, high availability, and durability).
- Strong familiarity with AuthZ, AuthN, and Public Key Infrastructure techniques and concepts.
- Experience utilizing modeling languages (UML) and/or modeling software (Visio, Enterprise Architect, etc.) to diagram enterprise system architecture, data flows, and networking-level system components.
- Strong understanding of VoIP systems. This includes telephone switching systems, VTC systems and other voice telecommunication systems for both non-secure and secure communications.
- Knowledge of security regulations, strategies and policy.
- Experience with TEMPEST regulations and countermeasure strategies.
- CISSP Certification.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain an interim Secret clearance before start date; the ability to obtain a Top-Secret security clearance.
- Master’s degree and experience architecting and implementing advanced network solutions - CIDR and sub-netting (IPv4 and IPv6), VPNs, etc..
- AWS Certified Security Specialty or AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional.
- Experience with DevSecOps and modern Low-Code/No-Code environments.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Target Salary Range$146,000 - $234,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Tags: Analytics Automation AWS CISSP Clearance Cloud Computer Science Data Analytics DevSecOps Incident response Mathematics Physics Risk assessment Risk management RMF Security Clearance TEMPEST VPN Vulnerabilities
More jobs like this
Waltham, MA, United States Waltham, MA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 140K * USD 75K+ *
Commonwealth Financial Network
Application Security ArchitectApplication security Azure CEH Cloud Compliance DAST +20
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Salary bonus Startup environment
Chicago, Illinois, United States Chicago, Illinois, United States Full TimePart TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 103K - 210K USD 103K+
Cybersecurity Threat Modelling Architect (Azure Cloud)Agile APIs Application security Azure CCSP CISA +29
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave Startup environment
Chicago Illinois HQ (300 … Chicago Illinois HQ (300 E. Randolph Street) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 140K * USD 75K+ *
Health Care Service Corporation
Sr Director Cybersecurity Data AnalyticsAnalytics Computer Science Cyber defense Data Analytics Governance HIPAA +8
Career development Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs