Compliance and Risk Analyst
Jupiter, FL, US, 33478
Requisition ID: 78429
Florida Power & Light Company is America’s largest electric company, providing clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to more than 12 million people in Florida. We operate one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and our reliability is among the best in the nation. Our goal is to achieve Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 by expanding our solar capacity, increasing battery storage and bringing new renewable energy opportunities to Florida, while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in becoming a game-changer in the energy industry? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
Our Operation Services Department is looking for a Compliance & Risk Analyst to join their Risk Management team. This position will work within the NERC CIP Center of Excellence, which is focused on identifying, specifying, and continuously monitoring indicators of NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) compliance across all business units.
The selected candidate for this role will:
• Identify root cause of process failures.
• Develop and monitor mitigation plans that include an effective extent of condition.
• Perform process capability assessments for completeness, accuracy, quality of evidence, failure modes, and ability to satisfy compliance.
• Identify failure modes and determine the process defect escape probability (FMEA).
• Identify and assess effectiveness of process internal controls.
• Understand the elements of and perform risk assessments.
• Identify methods to design, measure, implement, and assess Internal Controls for effectiveness to reduce inherent risk of failure mode.
• Risk assessments – identify inherent risk within a process and residual risk after internal controls are implemented.
• Develop and measure metrics to monitor compliance.
• Develop and implement opportunity for improvements.
The position primary location is Jupiter West (JW), located in Jupiter, FL, but is open to Lejeune Flagler Office (LFO) located in Miami, FL.
We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a part of it!
This job supports teams facilitating internal solution development across business units, to align Cybersecurity risk, leading technology solutions, and user experience. This position is responsible for various aspects of achieving compliance of cybersecurity including developing, implementing and enforcing IT policies, standards, methodologies and awareness using a risk based approach. Employees in this role develop a deep understanding of NextEra’s technology footprint, technology strategy, threat landscape and risks, to establish a collective Cyberstrategy.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Builds processes and tools to provide the business visibility of cybersecurity risks and drive accountability
- Develops and maintains policies, standards, processes, and procedures to assess, monitor, report, escalate and remediate cyber risk while maintaining corporate compliance with mandated security regulations
- Assesses and reviews security and controls to ensure sustainable regulatory compliance
- Develops processes and monitoring to identify, quantify, analyze, and report risk and compliance status
- Coordinates cyber risk management efforts including identification, assessment, tracking and resolution of risk management activities across all levels of the organization
- Assists with training, including training material development and deployment to ensure that compliance and risk becomes a sustainable business practice
- Gathers and prepares documentation to support audits, self-assessments, data requests, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 2+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certified Information Systems Aud (CISA) certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Minneapolis, MN, United States Minneapolis, MN, United States Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 95K - 135K * USD 95K+ *
EAC Product Development Solutions
Information Security AnalystAudits Compliance Industrial Monitoring Pentesting Travel +1
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs