Senior Threat Researcher
New York City
HUMANHUMAN Security is a cybersecurity company that safeguards enterprises and internet platforms from sophisticated bot attacks, fraud, and account abuse.
Our hacker roots still permeate everything we do. You will be a part of the HUMAN front line in our commitment to helping protect companies (and in turn, their customers) from both revenue and reputation risk caused by malicious bots. However, HUMAN is not the center of this story. Humans like yourself are. We firmly believe in putting people first. This approach spans our extensive total rewards package, inclusive of competitive compensation, benefits, stipends - as well as our day-to-day culture - to ensure every human is empowered to do the best work of their life. We want to hear about the marathon you’re training for. We want to see pictures of your pets. We want to know your favorite robot (we have many).
The HUMAN R&D team is pivotal to our mission. They are the ones uncovering and fighting bot operations like PARETO, ICEBUCKET, 3ve, and Methbot. HUMAN supports our R&D humans by strongly valuing deep work and flexibility. Additionally, this team is encouraged to participate in R&D Research Friday - a designated half day each week dedicated to trying new ideas and personal career development. HUMAN is fully committed to flexible working arrangements to ensure our humans are able to do the best work of their lives.
We want to work with people like you who break down problems to build up better solutions. That’s what makes us HUMAN.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting moment in the HUMAN story: we joined forces with PerimeterX in a market-changing merger, as well as recently acquired clean.io to enhance the Human Defense Platform. Together under the HUMAN brand, we will disrupt the economics of cybercrime. We hope you can join us in that mission.
What you'll do:
- Lead the development of product features and detection capabilities, such as payload signal collection and ad fraud detection techniques utilizing those signals in order to identify different forms of Invalid Traffic (IVT).
- Facilitate research into new and emerging threat models within the Ad Tech Ecosystem, as well as new environments and types of advertising that are potential vectors of abuse.
- Create or identify new sources of signal across many different environments, especially signals that enhance viewability.
- Evaluate third party data and emerging industry standards for ways to improve our product and enhance our fraud detection, especially standards like OMID and VAST
- Keep up on industry standards, techniques, cybersecurity trends, and tools adversaries might use to circumvent detection or mitigation.
Who you are:
- You are knowledgeable on the mechanics of fraud and abuse within Ad Tech and the programmatic ecosystem and stay up to date on changes in the industry
- You are a curious, adaptable person who is always thinking out of the box that wants to apply your knowledge to always do the right thing
- You are intrigued by the adversarial game, discovering new threats, and rapid experimentation
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and leaner; you hold yourself accountable for the quality and accuracy of your work
- You are passionate about learning and growing your skillset and the skillset of those around you.
HUMAN prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace. We firmly believe in putting people first regardless of who you are, where you come from, how you identify, or who your favorite robot is (we have many). We are on a mission to protect the integrity of the internet for everyone, so we welcome all individuals to come to share their unique experiences and perspectives as we fight against cybercrime together!
With Humans located in all parts of the world, we’ve fully embraced our diversity of thought and are always looking for innovative ways to connect with one another - even in virtual reality! Although New York City is our HQ, we have teams in Tel Aviv, Israel; London, UK; Victoria, Canada; San Mateo, CA; Miami, FL; and Virginia.
We trust our Humans in choosing where they work and how they work. The total rewards package we provide reflects our commitment to our Humans’ personal career development, which includes annual stipends for home office setup, wellbeing, and learning & development. We also offer weekly lunches, flexible time off, no-meeting Fridays (for our U.S. and Intl. based HUMANs), HUMAN days, and so much more.
We’re constantly trying to anticipate the needs of our Humans to ensure each one of us is equally prepared to do some of the best work of our life. Taking care of one another is part of the HUMAN experience and how we build true HUMAN connections.
If you are an individual with a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us directly.
The base pay range for this position is $130,000-$140,000 which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.
More jobs like this
Chicago, Illinois, United States Chicago, Illinois, United States Full TimePart TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 103K - 210K USD 103K+
Cybersecurity Threat Modelling Architect (Azure Cloud)Agile APIs Application security Azure CCSP CISA +29
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave Startup environment
Chesterfield, Missouri, United States Chesterfield, Missouri, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 136K - 192K * USD 136K+ *
Staff ML and AI Security ResearcherApplication security Artificial Intelligence Audits Automation Cloud Computer Science +11
Career development Flex hours Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs