Senior Consultant, Security Operations - Cyber
London, United Kingdom
Our cyber practice is a fast-growing community of industry leading experts. The practice covers Assurance, Compliance, Security Operations (SecOps), Offensive Security and Security Research. It is critical that the relevance and quality of the services that we provide is maintained and augmented and that the team members have every opportunity to grow and learn with the organisation.
As part of our blue team you’ll use the latest intelligence and tooling to analyse information systems to ensure effective incident detection and response.
Due to the nature of the client engagements, every employee needs to be able to achieve Security Clearance.
This means that you need to have the right to take up employment within the UK, do not have or require any visa to work, and have been resident in the UK for at least 5 years without any gap(s) totalling more than 6 months.
As an employer we believe in facilitating a flexible work pattern whilst taking into consideration operational requirements, client and individual needs. We are proud of our hybrid work pattern that typically sees employees in the office for a minimum of 2 days per week.
You should be able to easily commute to our London office. For some roles/projects, travel to the clients offices will be required and the frequency is often determined by the client.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are integral to the success of 6point6. We welcome applicants with different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds, and are proud to have an organisational culture where employees can bring their authentic selves to work.
We are specifically looking for technical specialists who can drive new Cyber SecOps capabilities forward and help in the development of new practices.
Key responsibilities of the role are summarised below:
● Alert creation, alert tuning and detection engineering.
● Proactive threat hunting and tradecraft development.
● Working with large datasets to identify trends and spot unusual behaviour.
● Monitoring, incident response and playbook development.
● Collection and interpretation of different sources of threat intelligence.
● Vulnerability scanning, management and reporting.
● Carrying out malware analysis and forensic investigations.
● Operating as a technical subject matter expert on client engagements.
The successful candidate will have experience in several of the following areas:
● Threat Hunting
● Threat Intelligence
● Technical Vulnerability Analysis
● Malware Analysis
● Digital Forensics
● Detection Engineering and Alert Development
● Scripting and Programming
● Technical Risk Assessment
The successful candidate will have knowledge of the following areas:
● Core cybersecurity concepts such as network security, cryptography, cloud security, forensics.
● Understanding of network protocols and how they can be abused by attackers.
● Up to date knowledge of APTs and their TTPs.
● Working knowledge of key vulnerabilities and proof of concept exploits.
● Knowledge of common analysis techniques associated with Windows and/or Linux.
As a technology consultancy, we look for people who can deliver both exceptional technical solutions and work as true partners to the organisations we support. To do this you must be able to:
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing, demonstrated through:
● Effectively explain complex technical solutions to a non-technical audience
● Writing meaningfully to deliver clear information, and guidance
● Giving impactful presentations, articulating clearly key points
Demonstrate critical thinking by:
● Analysing and evaluating information
● Using information gathered to present solutions and reach decisions
● Displaying familiarity and comfort with a breadth of technologies (appropriate to the level of the role) and an appreciation of how they can be combined and applied to solve customer problems.
Work in partnership with others to:
● Effectively manage both internal and external stakeholders to ensure synergy
● Collaborate meaningfully with all parties to ensure outcomes are reached effectively
Whilst having experience in a consultancy is beneficial, demonstrable experience in working with clients/external partners in other settings will always be considered.
During your career with us, we actively encourage and support employees to continually upskill and develop their skills and knowledge.
Who are 6point6, part of Accenture?
Now part of Accenture, 6point6 drives the right change in every organisation through the positive impact of technology. Leading with strategy, architecture, and design, we connect cloud, data, and cyber to engineer and deliver large-scale, complex transformations across public and private sectors.
We help organisations realise the value of their business strategy, allowing them to engage in a more meaningful way with their end customers. Our clients work with us because they know for us it’s never just about the project at hand. It’s about creating lasting partnerships built on trust and enabling their long-term success.
We have lead offices in central London and Manchester, as well as access to other Accenture office locations around the UK.
6point6 strives to create and maintain a work environment in which people are treated with dignity, decency and respect. We champion diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. A number of employee-led groups work with us to create a unique, fun and fulfilling environment that contributes positively to our culture and our corporate social responsibility commitments.
We are fully committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people and operate a zero tolerance culture towards any discrimination.
Irrespective of your needs, and no matter how small, please let the Recruitment Team know if there are any ways that we can support you during the hiring process.
From health and wellness to lifestyle and finances, we have your best interests at heart.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes all the standard offerings you’d expect like company bonus plan, pension, private medical, life assurance and income protection. Employee wellbeing is also of the utmost importance to us and we have many benefits supporting wellbeing including an employee assistance programme, life coaching, a cycle to work scheme with bike storage and much more.
Our people shape our culture and our values are embedded into everything we do.
HUMAN: We celebrate our differences and bring our authentic selves to work. We are one, inclusive, team.
DEDICATED: We are dedicated to each other, our clients and to our profession. We care.
HONEST: We embrace transparency, act with integrity and encourage everyone to speak openly.
BRAVE: We empower each other to make bold decisions, to take ownership and to challenge with respect.
We are a disability confident committed employer.
If you have access requirements and would like to discuss with us, please contact us: email@example.com
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Blue team Clearance Cloud Compliance Cryptography Exploits Forensics Incident response Linux Malware Monitoring Network security Offensive security Risk assessment Scripting SecOps Security Clearance Strategy Threat intelligence TTPs Vulnerabilities Windows
More jobs like this
Netherlands - Virtual Netherlands - Virtual Full TimePart TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
American Express Global Business Travel
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Dutch speaking) - full time and part time roles available!Compliance KPIs Privacy
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +3
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs