Sr. Software Engineer (Security)
Remote - US
AnacondaAnaconda is the birthplace of Python data science. We are a movement of data scientists, data-driven enterprises, and open source communities.
Role: Sr. Software Engineer (Security)
Reports to: Director, Security
Location: Remote- US
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Be at the center of AI
With more than 40 million users, Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform and the foundation of modern AI development. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, championed its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open-source for competitive advantage, groundbreaking research, and a better world.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to be at the center of Artificial Intelligence. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Sr. Software Engineer focused on security to research, advise, lead, and build out security solutions to keep our software supply chain secure for our millions of users. You’ll help keep us up to date with the latest security best practices while helping us be influencers and leaders in how to best secure packages. You’ll get to work directly with our engineering teams across Anaconda to implement security solutions and also advise product direction and focus. The role will also be a key influencer to company leadership to ensure we are always moving in the right direction.
What You’ll Do:
- Secure the software supply chain in the conda ecosystem, starting from upstream open-source packages, to the build process, to the package manager (conda), to installation and environment management.
- Identify gaps in our security and work with the product teams to implement mitigation.
- Keep up to speed with security best practices and trends and advise company leadership on approaches to implement
- Help Anaconda be a leader in securing packages.
- Work with product teams to implement security features and initiatives.
- Be available to advise product teams and architects that need feedback on potential security issues.
- Coordinate with external security groups like OpenSSF, The Update Framework, etc. on software supply chain security efforts and best practices.
- Be a voice to drive security best practices at the company with presentations, training, etc.
What You Need:
- Knowledgeable about three or more of the following: Cryptography, package building / packaging life cycle, package security, cryptographic signature schemes, SLSA or similar frameworks for assessing supply chain security, key management / PKI, application security.
- A history of working with dev teams to deliver working, tested software
- Experience with the full SDLC including code reviews, testing, and source control best practices.
- Experience leading larger initiatives.
- Willingness to help
- Desire to learn and teach others around you
- Experience creating threat models and effectively delivering results to high level stakeholders
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization and self-motivation
- Embody our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Worked in packaging, updater, or SBOM securityWorked with the following orgs, initiatives, or projects: SigStore, TUF, Notary Project, OWASP, SLSA, OpenSSF
- Previous work auditing package managers
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Medical*, Dental*, Vision*, HSA*, Life* and 401K*
- Flexible working hours
- Generous Parental leave
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy
- 100% remote and flexible working policy – we embrace this fully through how we operate as a company.
- *FTE employees based on your region
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Remote - Ontario Remote - Ontario Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 52K - 98K * USD 52K+ *
Senior Software Developer - Full Stack (Security Research Services Development)Agile APIs Artificial Intelligence AWS Cloud Full stack +15
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care +6
Vancouver, Canada Vancouver, Canada Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 136K - 210K * USD 136K+ *
Senior Security Engineer (Remote, Canada)Application security Compliance Firewalls Incident response Offensive security Risk analysis +2
401(k) matching Career development Flex vacation Health care Parental leave +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs