Lead Security Consultant - Hybrid
Location(s): UK, Europe & Africa : UK : London
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Lead Security Consultant to join our growing security consulting business supporting our Critical National Infrastructure clients, including energy, utilities, telecommunications and financial services.
This exciting role follows a hybrid working pattern offering a mix of office, home and client site working and can be based from our London, Guildford, Gloucester or Leeds offices. We also offer opportunities to work abroad and clear career progression pathways.
What you will be doing:
As one of our (Enterprise) Lead Security Consultants you will provide business driven advice on the management of security and information risk to our customer’s so they can understand their exposure to cyber security threats and risks. Day to day responsibilities will include things like:
- Analysis of information risks at a system, platform or organisational level, including assessment of risk, identification of options for mitigation, and assessment of compliance with control requirements.
- Building and maintaining excellent client relationships, articulating security advice directly to CIO or IT Director level clients.
- Supporting business development, including identifying new opportunities and follow on work, working with account teams to identify new opportunities for work and supporting the production of quality proposals.
- Planning & project management, using recognised methods and tools, ensuring that effective project control, change control, risk management and testing processes.
- Providing leadership and creating a positive workplace and high performance culture, by ensuring teams collaborate together to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our business.
- Leading in driving forward the BAE Systems Digital Intelligence security strategy and undertaking thought leadership activities. As well as representing BAE Systems Digital Intelligence at industry forums, expert panels and conferences.
What skills and experience will you need?
Proven experience as a security consultant is essential, ideally you a range of the following skills and experience, but you don’t need to have them all to apply:
- Ability to articulate and pitch security advice, often at a technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as both written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- You will be confident tackling problems and crisis situations, inspiring confidence in the team.
- Abel to effectively lead multiple streams and/or deliverables with responsibility for delivering to stream plan.
- Ability to prioritise workload, work well under pressure and concurrently manage both customer and BAE Systems expectations
- You will have experience in a relevant commercial industry such as financial Services, banking, insurance, the energy sector or telecoms.
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE Systems
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and well being.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government security clearance at BPSS Level prior to starting with us and must be eligible for SC clearance in the future. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Netherlands - Virtual Netherlands - Virtual Full TimePart TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
American Express Global Business Travel
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Dutch speaking) - full time and part time roles available!Compliance KPIs Privacy
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +3
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs