Associate Information Security Analyst
IND, GDC India, DC4, Vikhroli, Mumbai - West
NTT DATANTT DATA helps clients transform through consulting, industry solutions, business process services, IT modernization and managed services.
Want to be a part of our team?The role of Associate Information Security Services Analyst is an entry level role within the Information Security Services Analysis job family. Working under the supervision of a manager or more experienced team member, this role as the responsibility to support with the design and implementation of security systems to protect NTT's computer networks from cyber-attacks, and to help set and maintain security standards. This role assists with monitoring NTT’s computer networks for security issues, installs security software, and documents any security issues or breaches found. This role is responsible for supporting with the planning, implementation, and management of information security measures to safeguard NTT's digital assets and systems. This role contributes to maintaining a secure and compliant environment. This role works under the supervision of a more experienced member of the team.
Working at NTT
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists with monitoring security alerts and events from various sources
- Assists with investigating potential threats, and escalates incidents as necessary.
- Assists in the implementation and monitoring of security controls, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and access controls.
- Assists with performing regular vulnerability assessments, analyses scan results, and assists in prioritising and remediating identified vulnerabilities.
- Supports the incident response team in investigating security incidents, documenting findings, and participating in remediation efforts.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with industry standards (e.g., GDPR, ISO 27001) by conducting assessments and implementing necessary controls.
- Installs security measures and operates software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programmes
- Documents security breaches and assess the damage they cause
- Works with the security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities
- Fixes detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard
- Develops organisational best practices for IT security
- Supports with penetration testing
- Upgrades systems to unable security software
- Installs and upgrades antivirus software
- Tests and evaluates new technology
- Assists with the installation of security software and understands information security management
- Researches security enhancements and makes recommendations to management
- Stays abreast of information technology trends and security standards
- Contributes to security awareness initiatives by creating training materials, conducting workshops, and educating employees about best security practices.
- Maintains accurate records of security incidents, assessments, and actions taken for reporting and audit purposes.
- Assists in the management and maintenance of security tools, including antivirus software, encryption tools, and security information and event management (SIEM) systems.
- Participates in risk assessments to identify potential security threats, vulnerabilities, and associated risks to the organisation.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams, IT, and other teams to ensure security measures are integrated into the organisation's processes and projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Work is reviewed periodically based on a set of defined procedures or precedence
- Normally receives general instruction on work and new assignments
- Learns to use professional concepts.
- Good communication skills to effectively convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Good analytical thinking and problem-solving skills to prevent hacking on a network
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them
- Understand firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts
- Understand patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner whilst understanding business impact
- Proficient with MAC and OS
- Familiarity with security frameworks, standards, and regulations (e.g., NIST, CIS, GDPR)
- Basic understanding of network and system architecture, protocols, and security controls
- Good analytical skills to analyse security incidents and assess potential risks
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in information security, cybersecurity, computer science, or related
- Security certifications such as CompTIA Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) are advantageous
- Entry level demonstrated experience in information security or cybersecurity, or related roles
- Entry level demonstrated experience working in a global IT organisation
- Entry level demonstrated experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques
- Entry level demonstrated experience with security assessment and vulnerability scanning tools
Skills SummaryCommunication, Incident Response, Relationship Building, Security Awareness, Security Controls
What will make you a good fit for the role?
Workplace type:Hybrid Working
Equal Opportunity Employer
NTT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Antivirus CISM CISSP Compliance CompTIA Computer Science Encryption Firewalls GDPR Incident response Intrusion detection ISO 27001 Monitoring NIST Pentesting Risk assessment Security assessment SIEM Vulnerabilities
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs