Senior Engineer - Cyber Security
CHENNAI - CHE7-2
ValeoValeo is an automotive supplier and partner to automakers worldwide. As a tech company, we design innovative solutions for smart mobility.
Valeo is a tech global company, designing breakthrough solutions to reinvent the mobility. We are an automotive supplier partner to automakers and new mobility actors worldwide. Our vision? Invent a greener and more secured mobility, thanks to solutions focusing on intuitive driving and reducing CO2 emissions. We are leader on our businesses, and recognized as one of the largest global innovative companies.
We are seeking a Mid-Level Penetration Tester to join our CyberLab team to deliver Offensive Security capabilities for Valeo. This role is ideal for someone with a strong background in penetration testing who is ready to take the next leap in their career.
Conduct penetration testing engagements covering multiple techniques, tactics and procedures.
Identify and exploit vulnerabilities on automotive systems and applications, including (but not limited to) ECUs, in-vehicle networks, telematics and connected services.
Continuously develop and execute penetration testing methodologies, tools, and techniques to uncover potential security issues and simulate real world attack scenarios.
Prepare detailed reports outlining vulnerabilities, exploitation methods, and recommend remediation strategies to key stakeholders.
Perform secure code reviews, system architecture assessments, system hardening (OS hardening - Autosar, Linux, Windows).
Stay current with the latest cybersecurity threats, attack vectors, and penetration testing techniques, especially in the automotive industry.
Contribute to blogs, articles, presentations for internal or external audiences to establish CyberLab as a recognised center of excellence.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Technology (other related degrees are acceptable)
Minimum of 3 years of experience in Offensive Security, Red Teaming or Penetration Testing with exposure to automotive or hardware penetration testing.
Proficiency in identifying, analyzing, and exploiting vulnerabilities in automotive hardware and software, including ECUs, in-vehicle networks, telematics, and connected services.
Hands-on expertise with enumeration and exploitation tools and frameworks such as Wireshark, Metasploit, and CAN bus tools (CANoe, Vtest studio, etc)
Expertise in performing Secure Code and configuration reviews. system hardening and architecture reviews (hardening Operating Systems like Autosar, embedded hypervisors is a plus)
In-depth knowledge of cryptography, implementing cryptographic controls, including secure boot, secure update, encryption at rest, and secure communication protocols (like VPN, MACSec, IPSEC, TLS, and SecOC technologies)
Experience in network protocols (Ethernet, CAN, WiFi, BLE) and telecommunication standards (3G / 4G / 5G), and protocols like SPI, I2C & UART, JTAG.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and experience working in an international environment.
Masters Degree Specializing in Cyber Security.
Ability to perform component identification, basic electronic manipulation (soldering/desoldering components, connecting to test points), and analysis of datasheets for hardware components from leading manufacturers such as Renesas, NXP, Infineon, Qualcomm, TI, etc.
Familiarity with fuzzing, microcontroller flashing, and memory dump analysis to assess system vulnerabilities.
Hands on experience in performing cloud security assessments.
Certifications such as Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), or Certified Penetration Tester (CPT) would be advantageous.
Key Performance Indicators:
High quality engagements delivered within expected timescales that receive good feedback from stakeholders.
Measurable improvements in the security of our products and services.
Demonstrate advancements in Offensive Security capabilities of self and team.
Job Type:Permanent contract
Job Posting Date:2024-02-12
Join Us !
Being part of our team, you will join:
- one of the largest global innovative companies, with more than 20,000 engineers working in Research & Development
- a multi-cultural environment that values diversity and international collaboration
- more than 100,000 colleagues in 31 countries... which make a lot of opportunity for career growth
- a business highly committed to limiting the environmental impact if its activities and ranked by Corporate Knights as the number one company in the automotive sector in terms of sustainable development
More information on Valeo: https://www.valeo.com
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs