Security Consultant Specialist
Belfast N.I, United Kingdom
BT GroupFrom Ultra Fast Full Fibre broadband to TV & Mobile, BT helps UK families, communities & companies reach their potential. Find more BT products here.
Why this job matters
As our Security Consultant Specialist, you'll provide specialist technical support on complex network security and cyber security deployments for any and all of our UK secure contracts. Building intermate working relationships and trust through effective communication and meeting expectation and deadlines is key. Liaising with customer representatives or vendors and directing other support staff where appropriate will form part of the role.
Additionally, the support of new products and services is an important part of keeping pace with the industry and customer requirements and allows BT to maintain market position as key supplier of services. You will therefore be expected to provide support in this area, working with confidence and initiative and applying excellent self management in order to promote successful outcomes.
Please note - Candidates applying for this role must already hold UK Government clearance to SC level. This role can also be based in any of the following locations: Belfast, Bristol, Hatfield or Sheffield
What we would like to see on your CV
1. Excellent experience in an IT role supporting security requirements and accreditations
2. Proven experience of working in an IT security focused role
3. Must hold a minimum of 2 external recognised certifications with up to date memberships e.g. OSCP CISM, CISA, CISSP, Lead Auditor ISO 27001 BCS Membership
4. Demonstrable experience supporting ISO, PCI or HMG frameworks
5. The successful candidate must already hold Government Security Clearance to SC level, which requires residence in the UK for a minimum of 5 years
Essential SkillsLegal & Regulatory Environment and ComplianceStakeholder ManagementData AnalysisCustomer Relationship ManagementSecurity Assessment
What you’ll be doing
1. Delivering aspects of a Security procedure, and/or process for BT that support the security strategy and policy and takes into account risks and appropriate legal and regulatory constraints
2. Providing leadership on all ITIL process and be a decision maker within a defined scope responsible for ensuring that mitigation controls and incident response are appropriate and delivered in a professional manner and against relevant SLA/timescales
3. Supporting security compliance relationships with national Government or industry bodies, customer and auditor facing with support of security specialist
4. Ensuring full awareness of the need to safeguard sensitive customer information at all times, so that customers perceive BT to be a trustworthy organisation
5. Having a sound appreciation of the guiding principles of IA i.e. the application of the theory afforded by CISMP / ISO 27k / PCI and contract obligations etc.
At BT, we entertain, educate, and empower millions of people every single day. We’re a brand built on connecting people – whether that’s friends, family, businesses, or communities. Working here, you’ll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but – more than that – you’ll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration, and inclusivity, that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development.
Benefits of working for BT include:
• Competitive salary
• 10% on target bonus
• BT Pension scheme, minimum 5% Employee contribution, BT contribution 10%
• 25 days annual leave (not including bank holidays), increasing with service
• Huge range of flexible benefits including cycle to work, healthcare, season ticket loan
• World-class training and development opportunities
• Option to join BT Shares Saving schemes.
• Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
• Access to 100’s of retail discounts including the BT shop
This role offers a 3 together, 2 wherever working model. This means you are required to be at your contractual location 3 days a week with 2 flexible days per week.
With over 175 years of heritage, BT is now the flagship business brand of BT Group. We’ve brought together our best people and capabilities into a B2B powerhouse serving 1.2 million business customers internationally.
We’re a global leader for secure connectivity and collaboration platforms for businesses of all shapes and sizes, from big household names and government departments, right through to sole traders and new start-ups. But it’s not just the technology that matters, it’s what it can do to help them build stronger, smarter, more secure businesses.
We value diversity and inclusion and believe in making a positive impact. We connect for good by championing digital inclusion and equipping people, businesses, and communities with digital skills to thrive.
As a member of our team, you will be part of an organisation that celebrates difference, fosters innovation and provides you with opportunities to be your best. With millions of businesses relying on us daily, joining BT means you can be part of a diverse and multi-skilled team that makes a significant impact to society.
A FEW POINTS TO NOTE:
Although these roles are listed as full-time, if you’re a job share partnership, work reduced hours, or any other way of working flexibly, please still get in touch.
DON'T MEET EVERY SINGLE REQUIREMENT?
Studies have shown that women and people who are disabled, LGBTQ+, neurodiverse or from ethnic minority backgrounds are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification and criteria. We're committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace where everyone can be their best, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every requirement on the Job Description, please apply anyway - you may just be the right candidate for this or other roles in our wider team.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Netherlands - Virtual Netherlands - Virtual Full TimePart TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
American Express Global Business Travel
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Dutch speaking) - full time and part time roles available!Compliance KPIs Privacy
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +3
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs