Senior Digital Forensics Investigator – Mobile Devices x 2
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Resillion is a global company with end-to-end capabilities: no matter your industry, your geographical location, or stage in your digital journey. With offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, Resillion will be by your side. Helping you and your organization realize your ambitions in cyber security, testing of digital media content and quality assurance.
Whether, testing, certification, (software) development, cyber security, or data-protection, the experts at Resillion do whatever it takes. We work as long and hard as necessary to get you to market.
Senior Digital Investigator – Mobile Devices x 2
Location: Birmingham City Centre
**ALL APPLICANT MUST HAVE 5 YEARS UK ADDRESS HISTORY TO ALLOW FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
To undertake operational tasks such as the analysis of a wide range of digital devices supplied for forensic examination. Produce written reports and statements relating to this work for possible presentation in court.
- Provide written estimates to both the prosecution and defence for the forensic examination of digital mobile equipment.
- Develop examination strategies on a case-by-case basis to prepare outline summaries of proposed work programmes to agreed costs.
- Organise your own day to day casework activities to ensure that cases are carried out efficiently, to the required standards and cost, in accordance with good work practise and quality systems.
- To work in accordance with best scientific and commercial practice to deliver, often complex, computer/mobile devices investigation related projects on time, within budget and to the appropriate quality.
- Attend customer premises to advise and assist in seizure of equipment and on-site acquisitions.
- Oversee Research and Development work completed by other members of the team.
- Produce appropriate reports and delivery expert evidence on findings.
- Review of colleague’s reports / statements to ensure quality and maintain standards.
- Handle exhibits in accordance with evidential rules and technological safeguards to ensure the integrity of each case.
- Buddy or mentor junior members of staff
- Provide accurate and understandable briefing / customer presentations.
- Liaise with customers to keep them abreast with progression of their cases.
- Review and keep abreast of appropriate improvements in technology.
- Consider areas for improvement in the role or processes that will have a positive impact on quality and effectiveness.
- No direct/indirect reports.
- No budgetary responsibility
Knowledge, experience, and technical skills
- Experienced Mobile Investigator
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with recognised qualifications in computer science or computer forensic investigation.
- Proven track record in forensic mobile investigation. Demonstrating competence and expertise from initial imaging, analysis and giving evidence in Crown Court as an Expert.
- Experience of working in a forensic environment to the highest ethical standards.
- Good understanding of the UK legislation.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of court procedure and etiquette of an expert witness, disclosure and continuity.
- Customer focus.
- Able to mentor and provide support to individuals.
- Able to Communicate effectively with the team and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability of delivering results.
- Takes accountability for actions.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a challenging workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- A degree of flexibility.
Security Vetting and Clearance
The jobholder is responsible for obtaining and maintaining the appropriate levels of security clearance and adhering to the organisation’s security vetting policy and process in force at the time.
- Holidays 25 days (plus bank holidays).
- Contributary Pension
- Socials – team socials and activities along with our Christmas party
- Learning and development investment
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with local and international teams.
- Perkbox – access to hundreds of high street discounts
- Employee Assistance – 24/7 access to counselling support
- Employee Referral scheme – up to £2500 to refer a new colleague into resillion
- Up to 4x times your salary if the worst should happen (life assurance cover)
- 8 weeks full pay+ 8 weeks half pay maternity pay.
- 2 days paid volunteering a year.
- Opportunity to join groups, such as our Inclusivity Group to champion and promote issues of inclusivity in our teams and in the wider sector or our regular menopause café catch ups.
- Sick pay of 2 months sick pay, 2 months half sick pay
- Our ability to offer flexible working in most roles.
- £250 home working equipment allowance
- Access to free BUPA menopause support
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Birmingham, United Kingdom Birmingham, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 112K * USD 60K+ *
Digital Investigator / Senior Digital Investigator - IT Forensics - Birmingham City CentreClearance Computer Science Forensics Linux Security Clearance Windows
Career development Flex hours Gear Home office stipend
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs