Senior Cyber Readiness Software Developer
Remote Work Location
What We Do
The CERT Cyber Mission Readiness (CMR) directorate strengthens the U.S. and its partners against cyber threats. We devise large and small-scale exercises, coordinate tabletop scenarios, orchestrate cybersecurity contests, and engineer open-source tools to enhance cyber defense capabilities. Actively partnering with sponsors, CMR pinpoints and mitigates vulnerabilities to advanced cyber adversaries.
Central to CMR is a culture of collaboration and dedication. Determined to equip our nation and allies with the cyber tools necessary, we invite tech-savvy individuals passionate about software development and eager to work in a team-centric environment. An attitude of innovation, paired with a continuous learning mindset, is essential. We champion professional advancement through intensive training, mentorship, and collaborative learning.
The Operational Readiness and Evaluation (ORE) team, an integral part of the CMR directorate, reinforces the Cyber Workforce's defense strategies. In alliance with SEI teams and governmental entities, we gauge operational prowess against set standards, molding strategies to assure mission success. Using cutting-edge simulation technology, we produce immersive virtual training environments and devise complex software-driven scenarios, aiming for cyber excellence.
ORE emphasizes a cohesive and forward-thinking culture. Intent on advancing the national cybersecurity workforce, we welcome individuals enthusiastic about technology, teamwork, and perpetual learning. Our core values are rooted in in-depth training, mentoring, and knowledge exchange.
Embark on a transformative role within the Operational Readiness and Evaluation (ORE) team of the CERT Cyber Mission Readiness (CMR) directorate. We're targeting software-savvy professionals with a knack for developing advanced cyber operational readiness applications and tools. If you have a penchant for addressing intricate challenges with state-of-the-art software solutions and value teamwork, this is your calling. Your proficiency in software development and understanding of modern programming paradigms will be pivotal in advancing our mission. Collaborate with us and immerse yourself in a culture that cherishes innovation, commitment, and perpetual learning.
- BS in Computer Science or related fields with 10 years of applicable experience; MS with 10 years; PhD with 7 years; or equivalent training/experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, including international destinations, in support of SEI's initiatives.
- Must undergo a background check and qualify for a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Collaborate seamlessly with team members.
- Grasp client challenges.
- Define software requirements and set development goals.
- Engineer scenario-driven software simulations.
- Develop, test, and deploy software applications tailored for cybersecurity simulations, training modules, and competitions.
- Regularly engage with diverse software technologies and platforms.
- Design and maintain software solutions aligning with government cyberspace directives.
- Overcome challenges in software-driven learning and human-machine collaboration.
- Prototype software tools and events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Joining ORE offers an opportunity to refine your software skills. While prior experience with the following is beneficial, it's not obligatory:
- Effective communication.
- Cybersecurity principles.
- Problem-solving in software development.
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve required solutions.
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages and development frameworks.
- Familiarity with modern software platforms, from web development, databases, to machine learning systems.
- Roles in government/military involving software development, IT, and cybersecurity.
Our benefits philosophy encompasses three driving priorities: Choice, Control, and Well-being. Learn more at https://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/. You can join an institution and inspire innovations that change the world.
LocationArlington, VA, Pittsburgh, PA, Remote
Job FunctionSoftware/Applications Development/Engineering
Position TypeStaff – Regular
Full time/Part timeFull time
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Walnut Creek, California, United … Walnut Creek, California, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 150K - 240K USD 150K+
Senior Security Operations EngineerApplication security Automation AWS Azure Blue team CCPA +19
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States … Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States - Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 90K - 140K USD 90K+
Cyber Security EngineerCloud Compliance HITRUST Incident response Intrusion detection NIST +8
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Health care Insurance
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs