Senior Research Engineer - Global Threat Services
Remote, United States
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of GTS Engineering the Senior Research Engineer is responsible for performing advanced threat research into criminal phishing ecosystem as well as providing leading edge and intelligence driven research and development that provide optimization and innovation in real-world phishing threat analysis, threat landscape awareness, reverse engineering, threat and infrastructure correlation, and other related cyber security challenges.Essential Duties/Responsibilities
- Perform in-depth and advanced analysis of adversarial modes, methods, and malware
- Independently and collaboratively identify, quantify, scope, and design/plan threat research and proof-of concept development efforts.
- Utilize your expertise to perform periodic gap analysis within the phishing and threat detection ecosystem, including market wide gaps as well as opportunities for Cofense innovations.
- Work closely with the Cofense Phishing Defense Center to maintain awareness of the overall threat landscape as well as identify shifts and/or gaps in threat analysis methodologies, tooling, optimizations, and overall requirements.
- Ability to provide qualitative and quantitative research regarding relevant cyber security processes and technologies to quantify overall capabilities, utilization, and limitations.
- Ability to develop prototype code, in the appropriate language, to further additional research, validation, and overall testing requirements.
- Work closely with the Global Threat Services management and staff to identify areas of opportunity, requirements, value add initiatives, and to address/discuss technical issues and/or feature requests.
- Leverage your subject matter expertise to assist in proof -of-concept development efforts, requirements gathering, and development/implementation optimization and scalability.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of documentation and materials that support deployment, configuration, work/data flows, and use of all Global Threat Services initiatives, efforts, and deployed technologies.
- Create clear and concise documentation on research and development activities, findings, and all lessons learned.
- Manage, monitor, and maintain internal infrastructure and operational services.
- Build, secure, and design systems, services, and solutions within AWS cloud, at scale
- Assess and make recommendations regarding research and cyber security processes, tools, languages, and methodologies.
- Supports and authors applicable reports and documentation content regarding advanced attacker activities, new and emerging cyber threats, and analytical processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diverse, motivated, self-accountable principal
- Ability to work independently in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Highly capable with a rapid prototyping language such as Python, Ruby, Java, C#
- Knowledge of web frameworks and familiarity with TCP/IP, UDP, and HTTP protocols
- Rich history of introspection and debugging: packet & protocol analysis, win32 platform debugging, integrated system debugging
- Deep understanding of the cyber landscape, especially as it relates to phishing
- Ability to translate attacker techniques and findings in to relevant and actionable intelligence
- SMTP or mail implementation fundamentals, MIME et al, attachment implementation knowledge preferred
- Knowledge and experience with network and host-based security monitoring technologies
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with an ability to present technical risks and issues to non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with IDA Pro or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years of experience in cyber security, research, or other applicable field
- Bachelors' degree or higher in related field of study
- Practical knowledge and experience performing reverse engineering and advanced analysis of cyber threats
- Certifications preferred: CISSP, OSCP/OSCE, CEH, CCNA, GREM
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Walnut Creek, California, United … Walnut Creek, California, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 150K - 240K USD 150K+
Senior Security Operations EngineerApplication security Automation AWS Azure Blue team CCPA +19
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States … Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States - Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 90K - 140K USD 90K+
Cyber Security EngineerCloud Compliance HITRUST Incident response Intrusion detection NIST +8
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Health care Insurance
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs