Senior Risk Consultant-APAC Specialist
London, England, United Kingdom
Control RisksControl Risks is the specialist global risk consultancy that helps organisations succeed in a volatile world. Find out more.
The Senior Risk Consultant will work 12-hour shifts on a 4-day on, 4-day off schedule.
This role is for an APAC focused individual that can comfortably speak Chinese, Mandarin, Japanese and other related APAC dialects to service our APAC Clients.
The Senior Risk Consultant is responsible for providing support in global threat management, incident and crisis management, and travel advice and support for multiple Control Risks clients across the world. This position will interact with clients directly and will require the candidate to provide general security support, travel security updates as well as be able to respond to any in the moment crisis.
Working with our clients our people are given direct responsibility, career development and the opportunity to work collaboratively on fascinating projects in a rewarding and inclusive global environment.
What You'll Do:
Supporting Control Risks’ clients in high-stress environments by evaluating and diagnosing crisis situations, applying critical thinking and coordinating with other security operations centre team members as required.
Collecting, evaluating and disseminating open-source and other data independently and under the direction of the security operations centre team lead. This will include developing and issuing intelligence communications regarding global events with potential to impact staff or operations.
Deliver best-in-class bespoke verbal and written security assessments to challenging multinational client base operating in complex countries.
Monitors and initiates responses to incidents and emergencies including security incidents, health emergencies, suspicious activities, dispatching emergency response teams and security personnel
Supports incident and crisis management teams during a security event as required, able to conduct travel to priority countries to assess current situation, and develop local information and assistance capabilities to further support clients.
Acting as a key liaison between Control Risks and the Client to support any type of security incidents which will include respond to requests by applying knowledge of specific client’s escalation and operating procedures.
Monitors protective services tasks and/or clients traveling in complex working environments using innovative technology.
Conducts desktop reviews and checks on current local providers.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in an international relations or other risk and resilience related subject area or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience working in GSOCs, military, NGO, or corporate security operations.
- Ability to work calmly in high stress environments and to be to be responsive to changing requirements and priorities and adaptable to unpredictable circumstances.
- Broad knowledge of global geopolitical affairs and situational awareness of impacts to different sectors.
- Ability to interpret and use data sources with a good aptitude for analysis and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Able to contribute innovation and creativity.
- Strong collaborator among all levels of stakeholders and able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, and colleagues from different cultures and ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. An additional Language a plus.
- Extensive experience living/travelling abroad or working across multiple jurisdictions.
- Action orientated, able to follow up on feedback.
- Experience with planning, organization, problem-solving and coordination and using discretion while utilizing company policies to determine appropriate action.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security analysis and risk assessments of physical security or security operations and planning.
- All employees are expected to display behaviors reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together - in the office and with our clients - while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.
Control Risks is committed to a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status”
"If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made in order to participate fully in the interview process, please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate your needs."
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs