IT Security Analyst
Brampton, ON, Canada
At Sleep Country Canada/Dormez-vous? (SCC/DV), we are inspired every day through our purpose to transform lives by awakening Canadians to the power of sleep and our vision to champion sleep as the key to healthier and happier lives, helping everyone achieve better tomorrows through better tonight’s.
Guided by our values – We CARE About People; We WIN Together; We DREAM Big and We DELIVER with Excellence – we are building on our 28-year foundation of taking care of each other and our customers’ sleep needs, with passion and commitment to be the best that we can be. We invest in our sleep ecosystem, innovative products, world-class customer experience, our communities and diverse best-in-class team to be Canada’s leading sleep partner.
The IT Security Analyst ensures that all in-scope day to day, and project activities are properly defined; effectively managed; deliver the expected results; and meet SCC standards and policies, and that documentation, deployment, and testing is performed according to professional industry standards.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Security, responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to;
- Ensuring that enterprise security technologies are implemented, configured and maintained in accordance with established cybersecurity frameworks;
- Design and implement security solutions to protect company assets, including networks, systems, and data.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and implement incident response plans, including documenting procedures and conducting training exercises.
- Manage and maintain security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, and security information and event management (SIEM) tools.
- Assess information risk and facilitate remediation of identified vulnerabilities for IT security across the enterprise;
- Lead and participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits;
- Ongoing management of the organization’s security awareness program; ensure that organizational processes adhere to regulatory compliance requirements.
- Conduct research on emerging security threats and trends, and develop strategies to mitigate risks
- Provide reporting and data-driven insights on the organization’s security posture, including vulnerabilities, incidents, and remediation efforts to senior management.
- 5+ years work experience in IT Security or an equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education through a university or college degree in a related field.
- Proven leadership abilities including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussion, fairness and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness.
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies with flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously.
- Experience with Cyber and Technical Threat Analyses, as well as incident assessment and management.
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and effectively to all stakeholders.
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Strong customer focus with ability to manage customer expectations and experience and build long-term relationships.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with a broad range of people and roles including vendors and IT-business personnel.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Thorough knowledge of patching and deployment technologies for windows platforms.
- Strong technical knowledge of current systems, software, protocols and standards. Including TCP/IP and network administration/protocols.
- Experience developing, documenting and maintaining procedures.
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance.
- Hands-on experience on firewall technologies (Palo Alto, Cisco Meraki, etc.), cloud technologies (GCP, Azure, etc..) and retail industry technologies is considered an asset.
Why members of our Corporate team love working at Sleep Country Canada/Dormez-vous?:
- This is not a job but a CAREER with opportunities for growth and advancement
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
- We will invest in you and provide extensive training, mentoring and continuous development
- Access to training and development platforms
- Full medical, dental benefits and a Deferred Profit Sharing Program
- Annual Wellness Credit for any products/services that improve your health and well-being, ie., health assessments, nutrition counselling, hiking shoes, a yoga outfit or fitness equipment!
- Associate Discount Program where you will be able to enjoy some of the world’s best sleep products
- Maternity/Parental leave top up benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program that covers professional AND personal development
- Long service awards, celebrations and other social events
- Associate Referral Program
- Paid day off to volunteer at your local charity of choice
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2022 by Waterstone Human Capital
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (EDI&B)
At SCC/DV, we are committed to building a company culture of inclusion and diversity where differences are embraced and valued, this allows us to better understand and meet the needs of our customers and the communities we serve. We want to ensure every job applicant is treated fairly and with respect regarding race, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
About Sleep Country Canada/Dormez-vous?
Sleep Country is Canada’s leading specialty sleep retailer with a purpose to transform lives by awakening Canadians to the power of sleep. Sleep Country Canada operates under the retailer banners; Sleep Country, Dormez-vous, Endy, Hush, Silk & Snow and most recently acquired, Casper Canada. The Company has omnichannel and ecommerce operations including 289 corporate-owned stores and 20 distribution centers warehouses across Canada. Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2022 by Waterstone Human Capital, Sleep Country is committed to building a company culture of inclusion and diversity where differences are embraced and valued. The Company actively invests in its sleep ecosystem, innovative products, world-class customer experience, communities and its people. For more information about Sleep Country, please visit www.sleepcountry.ca.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Bolingbrook, IL, US Bolingbrook, IL, US Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 120K - 157K * USD 120K+ *
Information Security Analyst - Bolingbrook - ILActive Directory Audits AWS Compliance CompTIA Monitoring +8
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +5
Houston, Texas, United States Houston, Texas, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 60K - 102K * USD 60K+ *
Senior Cyber Security AnalystAudits CISSP Compliance Computer Science Exploits Incident response +4
Competitive pay Flexible spending account Health care Insurance Medical leave +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs