Instructor - Cyber Security for Control Systems
SAITThe Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) offers hands-on degree, diploma, certificate, continuing education and corporate training programs to develop the skills and knowledge employers demand.
How do we make this happen? Through a committed school of experts focused on the values of excellence in learning and learners, partnerships and collaboration, and being flexible and forward thinking. SADT is SAIT’s boldest transformation to date — designed with the future in mind and working closer with industry than ever. Join us as we strive to instigate a new world!
SAIT requires an instructor to teach in the Cyber Security for Control Systems (CSCS) post-diploma program. The CSCS program focuses on cybersecurity training to protect and defend SCADA and PLC systems that run critical infrastructure in a networked environment.
The instructor's role is to professionally manage the learning process of the students and to ensure that students achieve established learning objectives to the maximum of their potential. The instructor is to make use of any and all available resources, methods, techniques and strategies, to ensure student success. The candidate is expected to work collaboratively with colleagues, and check in regularly with course leads, to create a learning environment which is pedagogically sound, technically supported and innovative in nature.
- Prepare and present lessons, lectures, assignments, quizzes, exams, lab activities, and lab demonstrations for learners
- Maintain records for the purposes of grading, assessing professionalism and tracking attendance in both theory and lab classes
- Manage the classroom or lab to ensure a positive learning environment
- Show personal interest in the learner and create a climate conducive to optimal learning
- Provide on-going support, guidance and advice to students
- Assist in the development of Curriculum
- Manage the student lab environment including scheduling, and proper use and storage of lab equipment and supplies
- Maintain close contact with relevant industry sectors
- Participate in curriculum/program reviews
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant post-secondary education (minimum two-year diploma from a recognized institute) and a minimum of five years related industry experience. Teaching experience at a post-secondary institute in Canada is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to organize and present written information.
- Strong commitment to delivering high-quality instruction within set deadlines.
- Understanding of industrial control system architectures, components, and protocols (e.g., Modbus, DNP3, OPC).
- Familiarity with SCADA and PLC control systems.
- Cyber Security Industrial Control Systems (ICS) standards, frameworks, guidelines and policies
- Firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and VPNs in industrial environments
- Developing and implementing incident response plans for ICS
- Vulnerability assessments
- Designing, and using tools to create user interfaces for desktop, web, and mobile applications
- Designing algorithms and writing secure code in either C, Python, ladder logic, Structured Text, or similar languages
- Securing wired/wireless networks - network protocols, network segmentation, and isolation techniques
- Securing sensors, actuators, and other connected devices
- Configuring Local and network storage
- BASH shell, PowerShell and Python scripting
- Computer architecture – security and exploitation
- Web application security
- Encryption and decryption
Expertise in two or more of the following competencies:
About SAIT SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers, we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT. Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT.
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT - so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor. BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application. Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
MA801: Marlborough, MA 1001 … MA801: Marlborough, MA 1001 Boston Post Road … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 118K - 246K USD 118K+
Senior Manager - Cyber Engineering (Onsite)Clearance Cryptography DoD Linux Mathematics Privacy +8
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Gear +6
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs