DPO & Data Protection Compliance Program Manager
Cork, Munster, IE, T23 PPT8
NetAppTurn a world of disruption into opportunity with intelligent data infrastructure from NetApp. Realize seamless flexibility—any data, any workload, any environment—with the only enterprise-grade storage service embedded in the world’s biggest...
We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
"At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, customers, partners, and communities to foster a higher performing organization." -George Kurian, CEO
Data protection is at the heart of NetApp’s business. The global regulation of data privacy and security is rapidly evolving, as is the cybersecurity threat landscape, and NetApp continues to invest in a comprehensive Data Protection Compliance Program to manage increasing data privacy and security risks.
We are looking for a Data Protection Officer who will have responsibility for management of our Data Protection Compliance Program to support our global privacy and data protection compliance activities. This role offers the opportunity to help NetApp to deliver and maintain a robust Data Protection Compliance Program.
Whilst the role has a global perspective, addressing privacy and data protection issues in all regions in which we operate (US, Canada, EMEA, APAC and LATAM), as our EEA main establishment and International Headquarters are located in Cork, Ireland, our preference is that you are based in Ireland.
What you will do
- Update and monitor NetApp’s ongoing compliance with GDPR and all other applicable Data Protection laws, through the delivery, implementation and maintenance of a robust Data Protection Compliance Program.
- Responsible for maintaining all Privacy related policies and standards and assist in the continued maintenance of relevant accreditations (e.g. ISO 27001), along with responsibility for management of NetApp’s externally facing Trust Center.
- Manage and provide input on Data Protection Impact Assessments, Transfer Impact Assessments and other privacy risk assessments in relation to customer and vendor engagements.
- Ensure appropriate audit and monitoring practices are in place and kept up to date (eg. Privacy Risk Register, Register of Processing Activities) and support internal and external audit exercises.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for NetApp, its employees, customers and the public for issues relating to the Data Protection Compliance Program, including management of Data Subject Access Requests and support of other data subjects’ rights.
- Consult and engage with relevant Data Protection Authorities, in particular the Data Protection Commission in Ireland.
- Foster a strong Data Protection Compliance culture and drive NetApp’s Privacy Champions Program, undertaking regular education and awareness programs across the NetApp organisation.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the NetApp organisation to promote best practices and ensure delivery of end-to-end Privacy by Design, including up-to-date internal data mapping.
- Monitor the international landscape for developments in relevant legislation, assessing the impact of these changes and supporting the implementation of appropriate updates to NetApp’s Data Protection Compliance Program.
- Preparation of an Annual Report in connection with NetApp’s Data Protection Compliance Program, to include appropriate performance metrics.
- Provide regular reports and updates at Board level in relation to NetApp’s regulatory compliance and the effective operation of the Data Protection Compliance Program.
Required Experience & Other Skills
- Professional experience (+10 years) managing an EU and/or global data protection compliance program within the technology industry.
- Experience acting as a Data Protection Officer in a multi-national organisation.
- CIPP, CIPM or similar privacy qualification preferred.
- Expert knowledge of GDPR, and familiarity and experience with other relevant privacy and data protection regulatory requirements globally, particularly US requirements.
- Strong organisational, analytical and critical thinking skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven experience with tools and software that support core elements of an effective Data Protection Compliance Program.
- Excellent written, presentation and inter-personal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and drive change in a multi-stakeholder environment across multiple locations in a constructive and product manner, whilst maintaining independence.
- Desire and ability to quickly learn about the activities and specificities of our business model, advanced technology capabilities, and evolving regulatory environment.
- Experience and willingness to collaborate with other teams to achieve mutual goals.
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and be adaptable to change.
- Fluency in English.
- Cork, Ireland is the preferred location.
Did you know…
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they’re 100% qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from you.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world’s biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Health care
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs