Toronto, ON, CA, M1K5L1
Requisition ID: 193073
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank’s Threat Monitoring & Response (TMR) team is responsible for detecting, monitoring, and investigating threats. We are responsible for the coordination of key programs that impact all divisions within the Cybersecurity Operations (CSOps) organization and all of Information Security & Controls (IS&C).
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Cyber & Data Investigations the Cybersecurity Specialist works on network environment and data security cases stemming from the bank’s various security controls. The Cybersecurity Investigator works with a variety of technologies and business lines to remediate and contain events that pose a network or data risk to the bank.
Is this role right for you?
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment coordinating multiple issues and threats that can be occurring simultaneously
- You love to learn about new threats that can impact both the organization and its customers
- You are adept at problem solving, collaborating across the organization to solve complex problems
- You are passionate about good customer service
- You love to communicate, and thrive on communicating clear, accurate statues on issues, problems and cases
- You thrive in solutioning for multiple security domains (Security Management, Security Engineering, Identity and Access Management, etc.).
- You are motivated to build on existing knowledge and are looking to grow your career in cybersecurity
- You love to collaborate with various business lines, IT support functions and IS&C Control functions.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have at least 2 year experience working in a Security Operations Centre or as a Cybersecurity Analyst
- Post-secondary education or a minimum of 5 years professional work experience
- You possess advanced communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English. The same in Spanish is a strong asset.
- You are familiar with working in large professional organizations
- You have an understanding of basic computing, networking, and cybersecurity concepts.
- You are curious about emerging threats and technologies and are interested in applying these to the business
- You have spent a lot of time learning about the field of cybersecurity, perhaps getting practical hands-on experience at home using publicly-available CTFs and labs
- Certifications (Sec+, CySA+, Net+, A+, CISSP Associate) are nice to have.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United … Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 95K - 115K USD 95K+
Application Security EngineerApplication security Clearance Cloud Compliance CompTIA Computer Science +7
Career development Competitive pay Health care Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs