Senior Network & Security Engineer
Birmingham, GB, B37 7ES
LRQAWe help businesses evolve by connecting them with tomorrow’s thinking, today.
About LRQA Nettitude
At LRQA Nettitude our focus has always been on excellence in cyber security. We have teams that offer world class services in red teaming, penetration testing, threat intelligence, research and development, detection and response, governance, risk, and compliance, and plenty more. Our business is global and so are our clients. We work closely with central banks, central and local government, critical national infrastructure, large retailers, and plenty more besides!
We’re an award-winning provider of cyber security services and we’re are at a very exciting stage of development. We are looking for the right people to join us as we embrace the challenges thrown up by the advancements within the IT industry and within the threats faced. Nettitude will be at the forefront of this arena, and we want to seek the right people to join the team and make it happen.
You can find out more about us at www.nettitude.com.
To assist Nettitude in becoming a renowned, market-leading provider of managed security and support services.
The Network Security Engineer must be self-motivated with a passion for I.T. They must work well individually and as a part of the solid Internal Support team. You are an analytical thinker with a drive to solve problems, work under pressure and be proactive in challenging situations.
You will be working primarily on the Azure platform and internal network systems. You will be expected to design, implement, resolve and document issues within our standard procedures and ticket management system.
You will be very experienced with secure network configuration, Azure NSG’s, virtual networks, load balancers, Firewalls (various), routing, Wi-Fi and switching.
You will have strong knowledge in I.T. security best practices, backups (network devices), and network monitoring.
There is a requirement for solid knowledge of on-premises infrastructure such as:
Firewalls, Switching/routing, load balancers, Virtual networks, Wi-Fi solutions and security.
This role is hybrid. We can support working from across the EU & UK. All applicants will require residence in the EU or UK.
What you’ll be doing in your role:
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of the global threat landscape.
- Designing (HLD/LLD) and implementing new networking solutions
- Managing, maintaining, and enhancing current cloud network configuration/solutions
- Managing, maintaining, and enhancing on-premise network configurations/solutions
- Ownership in various networking projects end-to-end
- Guide and advise peers and team members
- Act as an escalation point on Network issues
- Continuous document validation
- Train junior members of the team
- Building and maintaining a relationship with stakeholders and vendors - 6 degrees, Cisco etc.
- Automation of workloads/solutions/configurations to work smarter
- Protect through secure networks Nettitude data
- Monitor Network resources and ensures cost-effective use is being achieved (in cloud) and performance is being maintained (on prem)
- Work to achieve individual and team goals set by the line manager
- Work within the ITIL framework and be an advocate of service/process.
- Proactively contribute to Internal Support Teams SLA’s
- Evaluate information for reliability, validity, and relevance
- Face off to external clients and customers to offer solutions, improvements, or remediation activities.
The following are the requirements for this role:
- Strong written and speaking English skills
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals – AZ-900
- CCNP (any track – Security/DC/Enterprise)
- Good understanding of cyber security principles.
- Experience in leading and implementing projects.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving 3rd line technical issues.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco and Palo Alto COTS products.
- Strong ITIL knowledge.
What we offer:
We are a people-focused, high-performing Security Services team. We pride ourselves on our investment in our people, meaning as we are a fast-evolving team in an exciting working environment, you’ll always have opportunities to solve the latest cybersecurity challenges, with the responsibility and development opportunities to match.
An attractive remuneration package will be provided. #LI-Nettitude
Are you interested in this job? Apply now via the ‘apply’ button and upload your C.V. and cover letter
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs