Embedded Security Analyst
London, United Kingdom
Sibylline LtdGlobal Risk Analysis - Embed Operations - Threat monitoring and reputation risk services. Sibylline is a strategic advisory firm, dedicated to helping decision-makers identify opportunities and mitigate risks in their operating environments.
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services.
The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
Key attributes of Sibylline employees are:
- Self-motivated, and auto-improving individuals who can couple initiative and boldness with good judgement
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Clarity of thought and analytical flair
- Strong, demonstrable interest in security and intelligence
- The ability to work under pressure, demonstrate leadership when required but also be able to collaborate effectively in teams
- Excellent attention to detail
Sibylline is looking for a motivated early-career analyst to join us in an embedded role based onsite in London. Using the latest industry technologies and practices, Security Analysts identify, analyse, and advise on adverse conditions and threats that could affect the safety, security and operational continuity of the client. These conditions include (but are not limited to): political instability and unrest, armed conflict, crime, terrorism, natural hazards and cyber threats.
This position would suit anyone with a strong interest in global security affairs who wants to continue building their career in threat monitoring. Although we are ideally looking for someone with operational experience in a corporate security environment, we also welcome applications from anyone with related experience and skills (e.g. research, customer service or business management) with a demonstrated interest in global affairs.
A flexible mindset is critical for this role, which involves shift work, working on a schedule of 4 days on, 3 days off (e.g. Wed-Sat / Sun- Wed). The role will be entirely based in the client office in London.
Applicants for this role require the ability to research and analyse a wide range of information to create insightful analysis in accordance with strict deadlines, including presenting and incorporating relevant data and visualisations. Due to being embedded, the candidate will engage directly with clients to provide immediate support and consulting. This requires emotional intelligence, creative thinking, maturity and judgement in order to successfully interpret client requests and provide insightful information.
The Security Analyst will be managed by the embedded team leader on a day-to-day basis but will also report to Sibylline’s Embed Operations team in London. Full support and guidance will be provided from our head office; including training, professional development, and access to our global network of Sibylline analysts.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as an intelligence analyst with a leading firm growing at 50% per year. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' professional profiles. Moreover, being embedded truly offers “the best of both worlds”, giving a small firm ethos alongside large firm exposure and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use all-source intelligence (including alert feeds, traditional and social media, and in-house sources) to monitor for security incidents and trends within the client’s areas of operation and locations and determine the likely impact to staff, assets, operations, events and reputation.
- Escalate security incidents to client stakeholders, following efficient and rehearsed procedures.
- Maintain visibility on employee movements and their proximity to notable incidents and events, advising accordingly through required reporting methods.
- Participate in training and drills to rehearse incident preparation and response SOPs.
- Monitor and respond to threat actors and persons of interest (POIs), developing an assessment of their intent, capability and tactics.
- Support internal stakeholders with ad hoc reporting on geopolitical developments, scenario planning, forecasts and other related topics.
- Support the travel risk management function, including end-to-end coordination of travel risk, information gathering, and supporting the client’s travellers when abroad.
- Display creative thinking and consulting skills to deliver a continually improving service for the client.
- Be an effective member of a small team, focused on delivery of lean, high impact services.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Security Studies, Criminal Justice, Journalism, or related field.
- An excellent academic record and professional experience in a relevant field, ideally with 1-3 years of experience in threat monitoring and analysis, security operations or crisis management.
- Ability to interpret, organise and visualise data.
- Ability to determine how geopolitical and security threats could impact private sector operations, travellers and sites.
- Excellent research skills, with the ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information from a range of sources.
- Analytical flair, with the ability to provide rigorous, creative insight into complex situations.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to work in both individual and team environments.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- High level competency with MS Office tools.
- Willingness to work on a flexible shift rota including weekends and public holidays; and
- Full authorisation to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Advanced degree (Master’s or above).
- Strong professional network.
- Experience working in intelligence, geopolitical or security-related disciplines.
- Strong personal initiative, with the ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance; or
- Experience with analytical software or OSINT tools.
- Additional languages
If you are interested in this role, please apply through our website, submitting your CV and cover letter.
Following filtration of candidates based on CV, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test writing and analytical ability. Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to a virtual panel interview and a meet and greet with the client.
Sibylline is committed to the recruitment and selection of candidates without regard for sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, age, political beliefs, culture and lifestyle. The firm is committed to fostering a business culture that reflects these values and promotes equal opportunity.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs