FSA (FinTech) - Quantitative Software Developer – Contractor Consultant
Midrand, South Africa
DeloitteFür unsere Kunden entwickeln wir integrierte Lösungen. Unsere Services umfassen Wirtschaftsprüfung, Steuerberatung, Financial Advisory und Consulting.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today's changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because Assurance professionals at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients' business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above performance of the traditional financial reporting function. Our services include:
- Financial Services Advisory
- Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
- Actuarial & Analytics Solutions
Financial Services Advisory is the leading risk management and modelling consulting practice in South Africa, servicing mostly financial institutions. We are a global centre of excellence in the areas of credit risk, capital management and financial instrument valuation.
We are a dynamic and technically excellent team, passionate about our clients and about developing market leading solutions and thought leadership. We are dedicated to building a stimulating learning environment that supports the ongoing personal development of each member of our team, including our partners.
About the Job
A new exciting opportunity exists for a talented and experienced quantitative software developer within the FinTech team in Deloitte Financial Services Advisory, based in Johannesburg. We are seeking a driven, innovative individual to assist with some of our challenging, state-of-the-art global software development projects. The successful candidate will have a strong quantitative background coupled with software development experience.
- Design, development and testing of software in accordance with best practice
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve software defects
- Coding up of quantitative engines and algorithms employed in software solutions
- Identify areas for upgrade and modification in existing applications and development
- Support the invention of new quantitative applications and algorithms to add value in the market
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Review of code written by other developers
- Creation of training material on software applications
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts
Tools and Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience in software development
- Intermediate to advanced level coding experience in one or more of the following
- languages: C# (.NET Core), Python, R, Java, C++
- Front-End development in Angular 10+ and/or Blazor
- DevOps experience
- Object-orientated programming skills
- Experience in working with cloud environments advantageous
- Machine Learning and Blockchain experience advantageous
- Experience working in containerized environments such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc advantageous
- Shell coding advantageous
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field such as Computer Science,
- Engineering (Software, Financial, etc.), Mathematics, Statistics or Physics
- Master’s Degree in aforementioned disciplines is a plus
- Technological certifications are a plus e.g. Cloud certifiications are a plus e.g. Cloud certification
- Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail and quality along with high levels of ownership and commitment.
- An excellent team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to pick up new and different concepts quickly and effectively.
- Keen interest in diversified concepts across a multitude of disciplines.
- A passion for keeping up to date with the latest advances in technology and how this affects the business environment.
- Metric driven and focused on continual improvement.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in simple terms.
What we offer:
- Exciting career growth prospects linked to the success of an ambitious FinTech inspired team.
- The prospect of working closely with professionals who are leaders in their fields.
- A large team of professionals to support business and professional growth.
- The international Deloitte network, which provides opportunities to travel and access to international best practice.
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs