80385867 - Engineer, Cyber Security
All Major Cities, South Africa
Standard Bank GroupThe Standard Bank group is a leading financial services provider that supports Africa’s growth and development.
Standard Bank Group is a leading Africa-focused financial services group, and an innovative player on the global stage, that offers a variety of career-enhancing opportunities – plus the chance to work alongside some of the sector’s most talented, motivated professionals. Our clients range from individuals, to businesses of all sizes, high net worth families and large multinational corporates and institutions. We’re passionate about creating growth in Africa. Bringing true, meaningful value to our clients and the communities we serve and creating a real sense of purpose for you.
The Cyber Threat Hunter will proactively detect threats that evade traditional security controls. Research, develop, perform, and analyse the results of proactive and reactive host and network-based investigations to determine if malicious activity exists within the environment. Building customized threat hunts specifically tailored, including, malware research, to develop detections based off numerous inputs. In addition, the role will provide expert support to the cyber security incident response team and this role has a group wide mandate. Interface with industry peers to acquire and share Cyber Hunt best-practices in the sector.
- First Degree in Information Technology
- Information Security related Certification (CISSP / CISM / GCIA , an Appropriate professional accreditation GCIH / Ethical Hacking (CEH), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) is preferred, GPEN, advantageous.
- Experience in developing threat models, risk profiles, cyber-security risk and incident management, and a solid understanding of crime in the financial sector. Solid understanding and familiarity of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework.
- 5 to 8 years Experience performing threat hunting and leading threat hunting programs. Should also have experience in performing red team exercises.
- Must have 5 - 8 years experience and be very proficient with the common tools associated with cyber security operations centres e.g. proxy technologies, log management, correlation solutions, SIEM, SOAR and common security testing tools with solid understanding of voice and data networks, major operating systems, active directory, and their associated peripherals. Must demonstrate knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with malicious insider activity and the cyber-attack kill chain, organized crime/fraud groups and both state and non-state sponsored threat actors.
Behavioral Competencies :
- Generating Ideas
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Interacting with People
- Team Working
- Upholding Standards
Technical Competencies :
- Threat intelligence, research, develop and perform hunting activities to proactively detect threat actors and their techniques, tools and processes. Recognize possible successful / unsuccessful intrusion attempts to compromise the network through analysis and hunting activities.
- Ability to perform dynamic malware analysis and extracting IOC (Indicator of compromise) information. React to any CSOC alerting (EDR, Qradar) and review for validity or false positives and modify alerts as needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with malicious insider activity and the cyber-attack kill chain, organized crime/fraud groups and both state and non-state sponsored threat actors.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Midrand, South Africa Midrand, South Africa Full TimeContractSenior Senior-levelUSD 37K - 70K * USD 37K+ *
FSA (FinTech) - Quantitative Software Developer - Contractor Senior ConsultantAnalytics Blockchain C Cloud Computer Science DevOps +9
Career development Flex vacation Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs