Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst
USA - Remote
BLOCKCHAINSAt Blockchains, we envision a world transformed by blockchain technology, innovating with unlimited velocity; so, our efforts do not stop at software.
Blockchains will only consider candidates who reside in the U.S. and do not require any VISA support.
In the new and exciting world of the decentralized internet, otherwise known as Web3, it is an individual’s fundamental right to own and control their digital identity. To ensure that the individual is paramount in Web3, we are developing a suite of applications to enable everyone to safely engage, take part, and transact in the emerging, decentralized world of the internet. Our platform centers on Web3 Identity and leverages that identity to provide individuals with secure digital asset storage and recovery, access to decentralized finance, the ability to prove ownership of their creations, and gateways to digital interactions and experiences – all to empower and benefit every Web3 user.
We believe that the decentralized nature of Web3 creates an opportunity for everyone to challenge the digital status quo—to own and control their identity, data, finances, creations, and future. This is the chance to get it right – to rally a movement of individuals so Web3 belongs to everyone, not to trillion-dollar companies. To fulfill this vision, we are seeking dynamic people who want to join us in leading the way to this new world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Senior Cybersecurity Analyst provides expertise in cybersecurity analysis of data from vulnerability management, threat, monitoring systems, and security tools. In this role, you bring professionalism and business focus to effectively utilize and support multiple technologies focused on the network, system, and application levels of modern computing environments. Additionally, you will be involved in several different computing environments, including data centers, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services, as well as productivity suites such as Microsoft 365. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing cybersecurity tool administration and production support of technologies and processes used to enable a high degree of cybersecurity effectiveness.
- Participating in technical design reviews, integration, testing, and documentation work.
- Running vulnerability scanning tools, access administration technologies, intrusion prevention tools, firewalls, anti-malware, endpoint encryption, detection/response tools, web application firewalls, logging, and security event and incident management technologies.
- Applying system security administration principles to deliver effective solutions to operating systems, cloud infrastructure, and embedded device administration.
- Identifying threats and developing suitable defense measures, evaluating system changes for security implications, recommending enhancements, researching, drafting cyber security processes, and running books.
- Configuring Windows and Linux host-based security and network and cloud-based security systems.
- Supporting with the installation and configuration of network security architectures, including firewalls, router ACLs (Access Control Lists), web content filters multi-tier architectures.
- Observing, analyzing, and responding to Intrusion Prevention/Detection System (IDS/IPS) cues and anti-malware alerts.
- Researching security vulnerability countermeasures.
- Assisting our company with achieving and maintaining compliance with various information security frameworks (i.e. NIST, SOC2, ISO 27001, etc.) and with industry and government rules and regulations.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
To succeed in this role, you have experience operating and working with security solutions such as Security Information and Event (SIEM)/ Log Management, Identity Access Management, IDS/IPS, Vulnerability Management, EDR, MFA, Content Screening. You have experience working with VPCs, Containers, Kubernetes, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Guard Duty, Inspector, Detective, and Containers. You have IT administration experience with Windows, MacOS, and *nix operating systems, network infrastructure, data storage and backup, middleware in a distributed computing environment, and /or database implementation and administration. You are familiar with security frameworks such as NIST, CIS, ISO, and CMMC. You have broad experience in vulnerability assessment, event analysis, incident management, and threat identification. The evaluation process for this role will emphasize experience applying broad best practices to real-world situations and pressures.
YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This role requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering, Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or related. You have a minimum of 3 years of experience identifying threats and developing appropriate protection measures. CISSP, CISM, CCSP, CCSK, CCAK, AWS, Azure, and O365 certifications are highly desirable.
Blockchains, Inc. (“Blockchains”) is proud to be a diverse workforce, and we are committed to inclusion and diversity to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants. Blockchains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Blockchains, Inc. (“Controller”), which is located at 610 Waltham Way, Sparks, NV 89437 and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Controller’s data protection officer is Edward O'Connor, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: AWS Azure CCSP CISM CISSP Cloud CMMC Compliance Computer Science EDR Encryption Finance Firewalls GDPR IDS Intrusion prevention IPS ISO 27001 Kubernetes Linux MacOS Malware Monitoring Network security NIST Privacy SIEM SOC 2 Vulnerability management Windows
More jobs like this
Washington, District of Columbia, … Washington, District of Columbia, United States - … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 97K - 140K * USD 97K+ *
Cybersecurity Incident Response Analyst - Tier 3Analytics Automation CISSP Computer Science EDR Forensics +10
401(k) matching Competitive pay Health care
Washington, District of Columbia, … Washington, District of Columbia, United States - … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 52K - 98K * USD 52K+ *
Exploitation Analyst/Red Team - SeniorActive Directory AWS Azure Burp Suite Cloud Computer Science +20
401(k) matching Competitive pay Health care
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs