JUMOExplore the world of JUMO and our intelligent banking technology. Our mission is to make finance accessible to everyone. Get in touch.
About this job
As a Security Engineer you will form part of JUMO’s dedicated Security Team. Our mission is to raise JUMO's overall security posture, by identifying security issues and helping teams to understand and address them.
JUMO’s tech stack runs in AWS and includes AWS EKS, Terraform, microservices written in Kotlin, Datadog and CI/CD based on Github Actions and ArgoCD. As a Security Engineer you will need to be familiar with these systems, as well as specific security tooling such as various AWS-based security tools (Security Hub, GuardDuty, AWS WAF, etc), Okta, Semgrep, Cybereason EDR, Tenable.io, Mimecast, VMware Workspace ONE MDM and more.
You will report into the Head of Security.
- Help to discover and triage vulnerabilities from various sources.
- Design, configure, deploy, and maintain secure configurations across JUMO’s cloud and endpoint estate.
- Work with engineering teams to complete threat modeling exercises.
- Work with teams across JUMO to improve the SDLC and help secure the systems they are responsible for.
- Write code to automate tasks and integrate it with other products and integrations.
- Implement and improve security observability.
- Respond to, document and automate incident responses.
- Proactively seek ways to improve existing processes and systems related to incidents, vulnerabilities, security control systems, and risks.
- Coach, mentor, and knowledge share within the team.
You will need
- 3+ years of information security experience.
- Experience in a security implementation and operations environment.
- Good foundational programming experience, in a modern language such as Python, as well as Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform).
- Experience with cloud services such as cloud providers, SSO, cloud email gateways, cloud productivity suites.
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with other teams.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and take initiative.
- A keen eye to identify process constraints and find solutions to alleviate these.
- Ability to work independently and be comfortable with responsibility.
Bonus if you have
- Stronger coding experience. For example, you can write code that interacts with a set of APIs, transforms the data, stores it in a database, and pushes it to another API.
`We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working as one team towards our goal of financial inclusion
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
- A stack of leading-edge technologies
This position is based remotely in any country between UTC and UTC+3 timezones. We operate a remote first working approach, where working remotely is our default way of working. Our environment is designed to foster innovation and enable collaboration. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you are set up to work remotely and have access to data with a strong and reliable connection as we value online facetime for collaboration at JUMO.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we firmly believe that diversity strengthens our teams. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive recruitment process that cultivates an environment where all individuals can be authentic, collaborate, and thrive.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Flex hours
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs