Staff SOC Security Engineer (Log/SIEM Management)
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
Join Palo Alto Networks as part of the Security Operations team as an Information Security Engineer specializing in log management. We are seeking creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for executing security-related data engineering programs and managing data management platforms. You will work closely with the SOC and cross-functional teams to manage and develop tools and infrastructure that enable the Information Security SOC team to prevent, detect, contain, and manage risks within Palo Alto Networks environments.
You will have experience managing and engineering SIEM solutions within an enterprise environment, including designing, implementing, and maintaining all aspects of SIEMs and their components. This is a fast-paced, post-startup environment. Successful candidates will be customer-oriented, results-driven, and passionate about building great products that will impact across the organization.
- Assist with managing different SIEM technologies and their components (XSIAM and Splunk)
- Understand and interpret requirements for SIEM implementation for an enterprise solution
- Manage data ingestions from different data sources
- Perform work on security data analytics involving data mining, ETL, machine learning, and data visualization
- Configure SIEM tool performance and event data quality to maximize SIEM system efficiency
- Develop and manage data visualizations, reports, alerts, searches, and dashboards for information security programs
- Develop content with visual metrics for stakeholders
- Support testing of new integrations for infrastructure and production performance
- Collaborate with internal customers to establish strong requirements and develop project plans to deliver products and services
- Partner with security engineers, threat management staff, and infrastructure engineers to build security products that help secure the brand, trust, and customer experience
- Work closely with the security operations team to transfer knowledge and operational processes to publish services for run-the-business consumption of developed solutions
- Participate in working groups to problem-solve and identify methods to improve or enhance existing tools, products, and services
- Assist with security incidents, investigations, root-cause analysis, and support real-time tools development to enable prevention or to drive down detection and containment times in partnership with the Security Operations and Engineering teams
- Adopt and evangelize our prevention-oriented network security architecture and embody the role of the first customer of Palo Alto Networks’ product suite
- 3+ years experience in managing Splunk platform
- Extensive knowledge of tier Splunk installation, indexers, forwarders, search heads, clustering
- Strong understanding of logging and SIEM technologies
- Proficient understanding of network topology and major protocols
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- knowledge of database query languages, regex
- Familiarity with logging formats
- Experience in at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- Experience in working and developing in both Unix/Linux and Windows environments
- Knowledge of network devices, firewalls, IDS/IPS, TCP/IP protocols, and general network architecture
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc. or equivalent military experience required
Serious mission, fun culture; We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that embraces challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers. They say it’s the people you work with that make you want to go to work and it’s true here; we love our work.
Think about it: Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill every time we beat the bad guys.
We hope to meet you soon!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $119,000/yr to $192,500/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Windows-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs