Infrastructure Security Engineer
Remote, REMOTE, United States
Improving healthcare through innovative technology is at the core of Intelerad’s work. Our scalable medical imaging platform connects clinicians to a powerful imaging ecosystem that is fast, smart, and tapped into the data they need, no matter their location. We’re focused on delivering a best-in-class medical image management solution that improves provider efficiency, decreases the cost of healthcare, and improves the overall health of populations.
We pride ourselves in identifying talented, driven professionals who are ready to hit the ground running with creative problem-solving skills and an innovative mindset. Our culture demands Grit, Humility, Integrity, Results Orientation, a Winning Attitude, and a strong Drive to Excellence.
Headquartered in Raleigh, NC and Montreal, Intelerad has nearly 800 employees located in offices across six countries. The company empowers nearly 2,000 healthcare organizations around the world with the speed, scalability, and simplicity needed to increase business performance while, most importantly, improving patient outcomes. Intelerad’s modern enterprise solutions have been acknowledged by a Best in KLAS recognition, ranking #1 for PACS Asia/Oceania in the 2021 Best in KLAS: Global Software (Non-US) report.
The Infrastructure Security Engineer is responsible for providing technical and operational expertise in information security systems, principles and practices to ensure the protection of patient health information managed by Intelerad’s hosted platform as well as any corporate infrastructure. As a Security Engineer, you will play a key role in the evolution of the security architecture and solutions in support of current and new infrastructure in both cloud-based and on-premise solutions.
The incumbent contributes to improving the security culture by providing a security perspective on ongoing infrastructure development.
This position requires strong technical knowledge, skills and expertise in Information Security as well as experience in infrastructure management.
Participates in infrastructure security architecture planning for both on-premise and cloud-based solutions
Provides expert advice to Infrastructure teams(such as Hosting and corporate IT) and acts as an Information Security subject matter expert on Infrastructure matters
Conducts Infrastructure security threat and risk assessments for all IMS managed Infrastructures on a regular basis.
Interprets risk assessment results for IMS managed Infrastructures.
Works with team leads/managers for the assessment and prioritization of security related tasks within IMS managed infrastructures(corporate and hosted, for example).
Participates in the Security response team as needed related to infrastructure vulnerabilities.
Improves the adoption of security best practices in testing, automation and continuous integration pipelines
Broadens infrastructure engineers’ awareness of secure infrastructure implementation and management best practices
Heavily involved in Information Security Initiatives deployment and management.
Key player in Information Security partners/consultants relations such as the Virtual Security Operation Center or any other third party testers.
Evaluate new proposed IT/Hosting security related software systems or offerings and represent security needs in the vendor selection process.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent field experience.
- 3-5 years of pertinent experience in IT Infrastructure and a minimum of 2 of those years of experience with a focus on Information Security.
- Strong knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the-art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation.
- Strong knowledge of information security from a strategic and tactical point of view.
- Experience with network devices such as Firewalls, Switches, and Routers.
- Excellent understanding of network architectures and protocols, operating systems, and core infrastructure security concepts and concerns.
- Preference will be given to people with experience in AWS, Azure or Google cloud security.
- Employment Prerequisites
- Strong interpersonal skills in a technical environment.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
You will be asked to complete an aptitude and personality assessment upon applying
Intelerad is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state and local laws providing equal employment opportunities and all other employment laws and regulations. Applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability and genetic information (including family medical history). Intelerad is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy regarding all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
- Competitive salaries
- Employee recognition program
- Employee referral program
- Flexible hours
- Comprehensive insurance plan
- Training & skills upgrading
- Social events
- Dynamic culture
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
San Diego, California, United … San Diego, California, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 140K - 170K USD 140K+
Tandem Diabetes Care
Sr. Product Security Engineer - FirmwareCCPA CISSP Compliance Computer Science Encryption GIAC +9
401(k) matching Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Health care +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs