Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
DatacomWe work across Australia and New Zealand to make a difference in people’s lives by turning the imaginable into reality.
Datacom works with organisations and communities across Australia and New Zealand to make a difference in people’s lives and help organisations use the power of tech to innovate and grow.
About the Role (your why)
Our Cybersecurity team are passionate, driven, and inclusive. We work hard, together, and will always make time to help each other learn and grow.
With the ever-emerging threat on IT systems it is imperative Datacom continue to grow our Cyber practice. Are you interested in honing and developing your current skillset in Cybersecurity?
As a Cybersecurity Consultant you will work with a growing national consulting and advisory team to support both government and commercial engagements. You will support our customers in achieving their business objectives through appropriate and pragmatic advice on underpinning security strategy, frameworks, controls and ensuring compliance and reducing risk.
You will be responsible for a range of activities from simple and straight forward through to more complex work, however you be supported by a technically adept, skilled, and experienced national and more broadly, global team. You will be responsible for maintaining the framework, documenting the risks and security controls for current-state and target-state solutions that help drive the modernisation agenda.
You will join a growing national team and have the opportunity to identify areas you enjoy working in and areas you’d like to be more challenged in, from public sector to private, industry vertical and even domain specific.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an Australian Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
Our offices are based in (Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney We like to bring people together in person when we can, but we are mindful of the benefits of working from home for work/ life balance. We therefore leave it to you and the team you join to figure out what works best!
What you’ll do
As a Cybersecurity Consultant, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Recording Cybersecurity current state and providing appropriate advice to support improvements to the organisation’s cybersecurity posture.
- Assist with the development and/or review of Cybersecurity Risk Management Plans including the documentation of implemented security controls.
- Assist with the development and/or review of System Security Plans including the documentation of information security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Identifying business risks / vulnerabilities and suggesting enhancements to existing security products.
- Identifying security requirements for new applications and other software products.
- Liaising with other business units in the identification of controls and preparation of reports to management on security incidents.
- Consulting with clients in the development, deployment, documentation and management of security policies, procedures, standards, and strategies.
- Assisting with security awareness training programs.
- Providing expertise and input on emerging security technologies, issues, and directions.
- Supporting and assisting with related organisational changes and activities that are required as an outcome of business improvement activities.
- Maintain the confidentiality, availability and integrity of information managed by Datacom in accordance with industry standards and our customers’ expectations.
- Work closely with our internal business units to ensure the application of security controls that meet Datacom and business requirements, and align to the Datacom Information Security Plan.
We are a pretty agile company, and are keen to respond to customer, technology and internal stakeholders’ changing requirements and this can mean we evolve in our roles to meet those needs.
What you’ll bring
You will bring at least 3 years Cybersecurity experience, ideally from within a managed service provider. You will possess a good understanding of ICT security policy in both federal government and commercial settings. Ideally, you will have a good command of the federal government standards and controls from the Information Security Manual (ISM) and more broadly the PSPF. You will be passionate about Cybersecurity and committed to making a customer’s environment safe and secure.
You will be a quick learner, self-driven and have exceptional communication and analytical skills. You are a team player, who is dedicated to both self-improvement and improvement of the wider Datacom community.
In addition, you will have sound knowledge and experience in undertaking ICT security compliance and Cybersecurity risk assessments producing security documentation for both current-state and target-state. Along with proven ability to deliver information security outcomes that meet business requirements and align with risk appetite and compliance obligations.
Why join us here at Datacom?
Datacom is one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest suppliers of Information Technology professional services. We have managed to maintain a dynamic, agile, small business feel that is often diluted in larger organisations of our size. It's our people that give Datacom its unique culture and energy that you can feel from the moment you meet with us.
We care about our people and provide a range of perks such as social events, chill-out spaces, remote working, flexi-hours and professional development courses to name a few. You’ll have the opportunity to learn, develop your career, connect and bring your true self to work. You will be recognised and valued for your contributions and be able to do your work in a collegial, flat-structured environment.
We operate at the forefront of technology to help Australia and New Zealand’s largest enterprise organisations explore possibilities and solve their greatest challenges, so you will never run out of interesting new challenges and opportunities.
We want Datacom to be an inclusive and welcoming workplace for everyone and take pride in the steps we have taken and continue to take to make our environment fun and friendly, and our people feel supported.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs