Detection and Response Engineer, Latin America
Remote - Americas
BitMEXWelcome to BitMEX, Most Advanced Crypto Trading Platform for Bitcoin. Home to the Perpetual Swap, industry leading security, up to 100x leverage and a 100% verified customer base.
BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
BitMEX stands as a globally leading exchange for crypto derivatives, offering traders a professional-grade trading platform. Since its inception in 2014, BitMEX has maintained an impeccable security record with “no coin lost, ever!”.
Our platform caters to cryptocurrency derivatives traders by providing low latency, deep liquidity, and maximum availability. Currently, BitMEX offers more than 100 derivatives contracts, 11 pairs for spot trading, and an easy covert function between 30 different cryptocurrencies.
In 2015, BitMEX revolutionised the market by inventing the Perpetual Swap, which has since become the most widely traded crypto product. Demonstrating a commitment to transparency, since 2021, BitMEX has been among the first exchanges to regularly publish its on-chain Proof of Reserves and Proof of Liabilities, ensuring that the funds available exceed the total client balances."
We are looking for a Detection and Response Engineer to join us in the Security Response Team here at BitMEX. If you have a keen eye for detail and believe that successful Security Response activities begin with proactive hunting and competent engineering, we want to talk to you.
This is a remote position for the Latin America regions. Occasional overnight and weekend on-calls are required for this role.
- Responsible for threat detection and monitoring of high fidelity security alerts (that you will have a hand in defining)
- Perform Incident Response activities to resolve security incidents and minimize risk for the organization
- Identify security gaps and implement constant improvements to our security stack
- Communicate effectively with lines of business and clients to address complex information security issues
- 3+ years of experience working in a Security Operations role and experience handling security incidents from triage to remediation
- Experience with dealing with a SIEM tool such as Splunk or ELK
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- Strong knowledge of Security frameworks such as Cyber Kill Chain and MITRE ATT&CK and how they can be used to understand and defend against cyber attacks.
- Familiar with shell scripting, or another scripting language such as Python
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Specialist jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open C-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs